2013 Detroit Gold Cup Classic Offshore Race

Notices

2013 Detroit Gold Cup Classic Offshore Race

Old 07-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by legend
Should be powered up by then. Sound like some good old days fun.
That is a very, very cool boat. I would love to run a few laps next to it....although I'm sure it would be more like a few laps in it's wake.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
That is a very, very cool boat. I would love to run a few laps next to it....although I'm sure it would be more like a few laps in it's wake.
In her day I would travel long distance to have her fly by my slower boats. Powered up she should break her own records. I took Rooky of the year in GLOPRA in 1990 and just about every boat put me in their wake in a smaller boat and I still had the time of my life. Some times it's just about being part of the Big Show that keeps the blood flowing.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Detroit Gold Cup Classic Offshore Race-rascal-restoration-006.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by legend
In her day I would travel long distance to have her fly by my slower boats. Powered up she should break her own records. I took Rooky of the year in GLOPRA in 1990 and just about every boat put me in their wake in a smaller boat and I still had the time of my life. Some times it's just about being part of the Big Show that keeps the blood flowing.
I fully agree. Being part of this type of event will really make it fun.
I don't think anyone especially us will be driving like it's Key West and there is something to win. Just to run with boat of the same vintage on a closed river in front of a big crowed will get the blood flowing fast enough for me.

It's a long ways away but I hope anyone with a performance boat from the old days can find time to make it.