Notices

Manta 28

Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how the boat ran before with the nose cones so I know what to expect. Would like to run it for a while and poss upgrade to a pair of optis. In he future. Thanks for the reply. I'm in central fl. West coast. I'll get better pictures . Hope to be out this weekend. Only ran the boat once so far so looking forward to it.
Attached Thumbnails Manta 28-img-20120928-00284.jpg   Manta 28-img-20120818-00231-2.jpg  

Last edited by Tom F; 10-31-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default 10-4

Originally Posted by Tom F
I know how the boat ran before with the nose cones so I know what to expect. Would like to run it for a while and poss upgrade to a pair of optis. In he future. Thanks for the reply. I'm in central fl. West coast. I'll get better pictures . Hope to be out this weekend. Only ran the boat once so far so looking forward to it.
I didn't catch where you'd already run it w/the cones.
I've had two 24' Sonic twin O/B's and done quite a bit of testing. I know w/mine I've tested motor height on both boats and the props start slipping before I lose water pressure. Wheels can help compensate for this but mostly has to do w/the weight I'm pushing.
I like the idea of the Opti's on yours. I came very close to dropping two E-Tec's on mine.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Interesting to ponder how many different brand boats were built from the same molds. Early Excalibur, P&D, Manta, and a bunch of others I can't remember names of. But it's all good. It's a great design, and a damn good looking boat. I had a 75 Excalibur 24', years back. Hopefully I still have some pics of it.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

Default I'm not....

Originally Posted by David
Interesting to ponder how many different brand boats were built from the same molds. Early Excalibur, P&D, Manta, and a bunch of others I can't remember names of. But it's all good. It's a great design, and a damn good looking boat. I had a 75 Excalibur 24', years back. Hopefully I still have some pics of it.
familiar w/the Manta's. Who's hull is it?
I know my 24' Sonic is a Donzi hull and 100% agree w/your statement.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I didn't catch where you'd already run it w/the cones.
I've had two 24' Sonic twin O/B's and done quite a bit of testing. I know w/mine I've tested motor height on both boats and the props start slipping before I lose water pressure. Wheels can help compensate for this but mostly has to do w/the weight I'm pushing.
I like the idea of the Opti's on yours. I came very close to dropping two E-Tec's on mine.
Previous owner ran nose cones. They were replaced a while back with new mercury lower units. Not sure why.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by David
Curious to see what other boats care out of these molds.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom F
Curious to see what other boats care out of these molds.
Most 28', 29' 31' non stepped hulls started life from the 27' Magnum by adding some freeboard . The 28' Fever had to be one of the best running Mantas.
Attached Thumbnails Manta 28-fever.gif   Manta 28-fever%25.jpg  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Registered

Tom, make sure you load your pix's on this thread I started about the multi o/b vee's.

h20, thanks for the history lesson. I assumed that from what I've see but wasn't sure who's was who's.

Tom, I really like the deck on yours.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Tom, make sure you load your pix's on this thread I started about the multi o/b vee's.

h20, thanks for the history lesson. I assumed that from what I've see but wasn't sure who's was who's.

Tom, I really like the deck on yours.
Thanks Twin OB Sonic. Along with my Magnums I have a 24' Donzi Doral with twin IO's, it does not have anywhere near the performance that you have, your Sonic rocks..
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Registered

Default Thank You Sir.

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Thanks Twin OB Sonic. Along with my Magnums I have a 24' Donzi Doral with twin IO's, it does not have anywhere near the performance that you have, your Sonic rocks..
I love the old school stuff. I love the new technology too but the reality of how often most of us run over 50 or need the Kevlar/Carbon Fiber lay up etc, etc vs the reality of how we boat is often way different.
I'm still getting my antique sorted but would put my time/hrs/mls up against most of the high zoot dock queens on this site.
Matter of fact I was feeling bad for not having more mls on the boat due to the teething pains when I found the trip odometer in the GPS on the boat and it had just under 900 mls on it.
Next weekend we head to the Keys w/the boat for a week to try and boost that number.
My junk is ancient but it just does everything well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.