Notices

GLOPRA Pictures

Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GLOPRA Pictures and racers

I remember that race in Eastlake Ohio, the Chagrin River event. I was the throttleman and Gary Liebel was driving the Eriesistible Phantom, it was a littlt snotty that day. Ed and Shaun Smith were in the Traffic Light boat ,Eric Treadwell and Jack Storlee [RIP] were in the buzzi boat. We ended up winning the race but I heard that the buzzi boat had bottom problems and went back to fountain to be repaired. I think the buzzi boat got 2nd and Ed got 3rd. John Montgomery
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe B. And Ferocious
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-ebay-007.jpg  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

program from glopa
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-glpra1.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-glpra2.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-glpra4.jpg  

GLOPRA Pictures-glpra5.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-glpra6.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-glpra7.jpg  

GLOPRA Pictures-glpra8.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-glpra9.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

H2O, in post #9, boat #27 is that the 40' Corsa called "Challange"? I remember it racing one time in open class in the Benihanna-1976?. It use to be out of Toms River NJ. Did this boat race in the Great Lakes under another name? Just curious-always loved the 40' Corsa. Would this have been raced as one of the Copper Kettles??
Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
H2O, in post #9, boat #27 is that the 40' Corsa called "Challange"? I remember it racing one time in open class in the Benihanna-1976?. It use to be out of Toms River NJ. Did this boat race in the Great Lakes under another name? Just curious-always loved the 40' Corsa. Would this have been raced as one of the Copper Kettles??
Thanks
I always thought it was the Corsa, Gara hull of Bill MacDonald Impossible Dream. I believe it was at the Ohio Kirby Classic. Here is some info from a old OSO post.
[Copper Kettle was was the 2nd boat deck from the mold on 38th st. The first one was Billie McDonalds "Impossible Dream" also started with wood and then 1st glass deck built by Nick Chapman and son and of course Cortez helped with that.
"Dream" sold to NJ developer Ed Simms and found new home in Brigentine "Rum Point Pub" under the bridge and was named "Rum Runner" Sandys 1st boat was all wood.]

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ml#post3421161
Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
program from glopa
Sure would be a pleasure to come across a couple of the old GLOPRA stickers. Looking for pictures I found WMMS101.7 Buzzard stickers ,My APBA Cards and stickers but no GLOPRA stickers.
I also found this gem of a belt buckle from the Cedar Point Nationals when the Mercury Racing truck use to show up with all the goody's.
That brings back a lost boat. Do any of you have any pictures of the boat WMMS BUZZARD or something like that? I think the owner passed away while racing the boat early in the clubs days.
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-ebay.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

This is for all the CheckMate Fans. One of my best memories of my racing in my 24ft. Checkmate Inforcer with a 350 HP small block. Yes I did beat Dirty Dancing with the big block. 5's on the outside dog leg and Dirty Dancing's driver broke his throttle elbo on the first lap. A win is a win I guess.
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-lake-erie-race-boats-002.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-lake-erie-race-boats-001.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-lake-erie-race-boats-004.jpg  

GLOPRA Pictures-lake-erie-race-boats-003.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Great Lakes Silver Cup Anniversary Challenge. Small turn out with big waves. Real Racing!
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-lake-erie-race-boats-005.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-lake-erie-race-boats-006.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

:
Originally Posted by legend
Sure would be a pleasure to come across a couple of the old GLOPRA stickers. Looking for pictures I found WMMS101.7 Buzzard stickers ,My APBA Cards and stickers but no GLOPRA stickers.
I also found this gem of a belt buckle from the Cedar Point Nationals when the Mercury Racing truck use to show up with all the goody's.
That brings back a lost boat. Do any of you have any pictures of the boat WMMS BUZZARD or something like that? I think the owner passed away while racing the boat early in the clubs days.
Here you go a pic of the Buzzard & a GLOPRA sticker.
I'm looking into making a few GLOPRA stickers for my Magnum, i will see what it cost.
Attached Thumbnails GLOPRA Pictures-o-aero-w-b-h2o-1.jpg   GLOPRA Pictures-o-glopra-sticker-2-h2o.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread, Legend! I grew up watching GLOPRA races back in the late 70s and 80s. I always liked the Cedar Point and Huron races. You are bringing back a lot of memories with your pixs. I like the shot of V300 Pacifier. Any pixs of Ashland Express or Knight Moves?

Thanks-

Last edited by X-Driver; 12-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.