Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Tommy Adams Signature boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/290024-tommy-adams-signature-boats.html)

Fast Shafts 01-15-2013 04:04 PM

I had to look carefully to find out what "yes that is" ment.....My question:Is that Nicole?

h2oboater 01-15-2013 05:33 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Bud here you go.

MidOcean 01-16-2013 07:03 AM

A testament to the signature hull. The 28 and 31' Seahawks both came from the signature with an added - wider chine that required a two part mold.

gbochis 01-16-2013 08:25 AM

Tommy did a lot of creative boats / projects. I can't find the picture, but I remember he built a 38 with an enclosed canpopy called "Chief" well before anyone else (It was more for extending the boating season than safety). He buit a 24 footer that he decided not to produce. Told the shop guys to get rid of the mold and then that somehow became the Carrera "Brute 24". He built a set of lower units that were extra short in 1976 (like Merc Black Hawks) but the 38 was prone to spin with them so it did not go much further. He also built a bunch of boats with stock power and super size fuel tanks for the "midight running crowd" The grey 38 in the Mid Ocean photo had stock Merc Power and 700 Gallons of fuel capacity. I am sure that aspect of the company untimately contributed to the lead poisoning he died from. After his death molds wound up all over. Excalibur built some 38's, so did Pantera. Renegade built a 28 and 31 (I think they still build the some version of it) He had a 70 mold under construction that became Infinity Yachts. The list goes on. You can see the styling in many future generations. The funiest thing about Tommy was how he loved to stick it to Don. The Signature plant was in the building next to Cigarette on 188th. On the side of the building that faced The Cigarette plant Tommy had a huge mural painted that said "If you like what you just saw at Cigeratte, come on over you will LOVE Signature."

mr vinyl 01-16-2013 08:59 AM

Tommy Adams

It would be great if some one had a photo of that wall. I understand that with the wider chines,the boat rode higher which allowed for greater carrying capacity. Bud

LOTOWONTOPGUN 01-16-2013 09:27 AM

Back to the price what is it?????

mr vinyl 01-16-2013 09:31 AM

Tommy Adams

It would be great if some one had a photo of that wall. I understand that with the wider chines,the boat rode higher which allowed for greater carrying capacity. Bud

Fast Shafts 01-16-2013 09:46 AM

Didn't the 27' come from a Magnum 27 splash-with some minor changes to the chine? The 27 race version was much more succcessful than its other models. The Following were 27' raceboat: Crazy Greek (my favorite as a kid) Lady L, Adios Gringo, Aft R U Too, and Liquidator.
Mr. Vinyl; I have a picture of that wall, but dont have a scanner-I'd love to post it.

h2oboater 01-16-2013 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts (Post 3849850)
Didn't the 27' come from a Magnum 27 splash-with some minor changes to the chine? The 27 race version was much more succcessful than its other models. The Following were 27' raceboat: Crazy Greek (my favorite as a kid) Lady L, Adios Gringo, Aft R U Too, and Liquidator.
Mr. Vinyl; I have a picture of that wall, but dont have a scanner-I'd love to post it.

This was the first one, it had Toms Miss Americas Magnum sport hull. When Tom came to the St Clair River Crab race in 1976 I ask Tom why it had a Magnum Hull #, :party-smiley-004: he turned and walked away. :picard1::picard1:
This a very cool boat with Volvo E drives & small blocks, & headers with the side outlet exhaust..

salty dog 01-16-2013 10:54 AM

The Seahawk needed the wider chine for sure a much greater carrying capacity.