Notices

Beep beep 38 coyote

Old 05-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I bought the Beep Beep boat...She is sitting at her new home at my marina, tucked away in a fully indoor facility...

The dealer I bought her from removed all the lettering so I thought about changing her name....but I think I have ruled against that and will continue her name as Beep Beep...shes had that name for 30yrs now (longer then my g/f has had hers ) so I'm going to keep her tradition going...but I am going to update her a bit with a lot of toys that I bought for my scarab which I am now selling....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-much-ask.html

My previous 2 boats were a 93' Scarab Thunder and a 1980 Scarab 377 so this will be my first 'non Scarab' powerboat....

Some of the stuff that I had bought for the Scarab which are now going in this are
Garmin 720 w/ Bluecharting
a CruiseNComfort 4000 BTU DC powered AC
JBL marine sound system w/ a 3 or 4 amps (gonna purchase new ones) and 4 Fosgate 12's with infinity 6x9"s and 6" co-ax's, 2 mtx 6" Components, and 5 sets of polk 4" coax's....
Going to get the livorsi adapter so that I can convert the smartcraft output from the 496s to dispay engine info on the Garmin
The big project I am looking into is redoing the console by building a new one and just using the 45 degree angled part to see if I can create some room for a drivers cockpit and a bench seat behind it....I feel that this alone would add significant value to it as well as it would be nice to stick a few more people on the boat and not have to strap them down to the sunpad
New fridge also which I will prob purchase....
Old 05-29-2014, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tmobileguy
Hey guys, I bought the Beep Beep boat...She is sitting at her new home at my marina, tucked away in a fully indoor facility...

The dealer I bought her from removed all the lettering so I thought about changing her name....but I think I have ruled against that and will continue her name as Beep Beep...shes had that name for 30yrs now (longer then my g/f has had hers ) so I'm going to keep her tradition going...but I am going to update her a bit with a lot of toys that I bought for my scarab which I am now selling....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-much-ask.html

My previous 2 boats were a 93' Scarab Thunder and a 1980 Scarab 377 so this will be my first 'non Scarab' powerboat....

Some of the stuff that I had bought for the Scarab which are now going in this are
Garmin 720 w/ Bluecharting
a CruiseNComfort 4000 BTU DC powered AC
JBL marine sound system w/ a 3 or 4 amps (gonna purchase new ones) and 4 Fosgate 12's with infinity 6x9"s and 6" co-ax's, 2 mtx 6" Components, and 5 sets of polk 4" coax's....
Going to get the livorsi adapter so that I can convert the smartcraft output from the 496s to dispay engine info on the Garmin
The big project I am looking into is redoing the console by building a new one and just using the 45 degree angled part to see if I can create some room for a drivers cockpit and a bench seat behind it....I feel that this alone would add significant value to it as well as it would be nice to stick a few more people on the boat and not have to strap them down to the sunpad
New fridge also which I will prob purchase....
Congrats on the beep beep purchase!...........post pictures when you get to realigning the console.........hopefully there's no issues & she's all dry at the stern!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:06 AM
Registered

survey came out pretty clean...moisture readings didn't detect anything wet or any cause for concern...prob going to be a while before I start the dash project, I wanna enjoy her first and take her out through the season...when winter starts coming around I might look to tackle it, right now just building the game plan and will use the next 6 months for design ideas and to search out cheap parts...
Old 05-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Registered

Received 591 Likes on 240 Posts

I had a 69 Roadrunner 440 so I am partial to Beep Beep, and I always loved that boat from the start , Keep her original if you can . So COOL,
Old 05-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I had a 69 Roadrunner 440 so I am partial to Beep Beep, and I always loved that boat from the start , Keep her original if you can . So COOL,
Only changes I plan on making besides adding some stuff is the console area to try and create more room....still going to keep the pieces so that it can go back the same way if I end up selling her and someone decides they really only want a 3 seater then it can be put back...