Notices

74 Martini 7meter

Old 01-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hittman69
Cant say i remember that boat..i was pretty young at the time..i just recall going to the island...before my step dad bought it he had a little 16 ft.Phantom that was sponsored by sunshine airlanes as it used to be raced at the miami marine stadium back then..when he got it it had a 150 merc on it and was clocked at 72mph..I recall one day at the stadium a mullet jumping up and hitting him square in the face at wide open throttle....boat needed a good cleaning after that to say the least...lol

I honestly cant say what number the boat was off the assembly line..i just recall it was a light beige in color with a darker pin stripes in a darker beige a brown and a red'ish brown...was a triple stripe over the beige that ran just under the rub rails....Had the martini glass on the back and said 7 meter as well...single 454 and it said 330hp on the merc outdrive..also had trim tabs on it.
Cute story about your Dad and the flying fish. LOL. I can almost picture it.

As for the island, I was pretty much a kid at the time too, 16-17 y/o. With my red hair, you - and anybody else - may have noticed me.