Notices

top banana arrives

Old 01-16-2016, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My Wife is in shock for your Wife. They do that when it comes to boats.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Sorry too, I really just think people are missing out on something, something important and big and the cost is nothing (for now) compared to other collectibles. After buying it I don't have 25 grand in mine over 6 years. It's an ACBS winner. I do everything myself but still...
I cant believe that some of the more wealthier members haven't snatched them up and dropped what they spend on greens fees for a year into one and have a show piece that gets them front and center at any rally, boat show or gathering and even car shows at will. Take Banana's boat. 30 grand to get it floating again (in the U.S)? Lot of bang for the buck. 30 grand in a car and you wont even get closer parking in the parking lot of a show. His boat with 30 grand spent wisely and it will be in the show front and center if he wants.
Classic offshore boat restoration on Lake St Clair is alive & well. Over the last 10 years many of these classics have & are being restored back to there glory day's, here are just a few that boat on Lake St Clair.
Attached Thumbnails top banana arrives-dsc_0366.jpg   top banana arrives-fino-blue-chip-13.jpg   top banana arrives-o-s-25.jpg  

top banana arrives-o-s-9.jpg   top banana arrives-o-s-2.jpg   top banana arrives-boat-013.jpg  

top banana arrives-sam_0710.jpg   top banana arrives-donzi-456921569_n.jpg   top banana arrives-sam_0767.jpg  

Old 01-16-2016, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Classic offshore boat restoration on Lake St Clair is alive & well. Over the last 10 years many of these classics have & are being restored back to there glory day's, here are just a few that boat on Lake St Clair.
A company after my own heart. I have also done a couple classics which always find new homes even if was less then what I had in it. http://www.resurrectionmarine.com/
Just a bit partial to the race boats. Without them most of the production boats would not exist today and yet they are treated like red headed step children for many reasons listed. Just kills me.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
A company after my own heart. I have also done a couple classics which always find new homes even if was less then what I had in it. http://www.resurrectionmarine.com/
Just a bit partial to the race boats. Without them most of the production boats would not exist today and yet they are treated like red headed step children for many reasons listed. Just kills me.
Just like you I do all my own work in the driveway so that limits me to small projects that I can do in my 20 x 20 garage during Michigan's winters. I think saying it's a old boat scares many buyers off, but being old & a X race boat sends most buyers running, & as you know when there finished it's very rewarding. . As far as restoring old race boats Anaconda race with the same name for many years, Short Circuit raced for 30+ years & the white Pantera raced as CT Pepers, Alterations & Bee Haven.
Attached Thumbnails top banana arrives-mag-anaconda-h2o12.jpg   top banana arrives-mag-s-c-72827_n.jpg   top banana arrives-ct-peppers.jpg  

top banana arrives-pantera-002.jpg   top banana arrives-pantera-bee-haven.jpg