Notices

Horba

Old 08-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Horba

I am posting this on a public forum because I can no longer get a response from p/m's and email.
I have been pursuing this for years now and am only going to ask one more time and I'm done. If it cant happen then so be it, just say so (and I don't even care why) and I will walk away with no hard feelings. You are the Historic Offshore Race Boat Association. This boat was built in 1967 by one of your prominent members and raced against some of the biggest names in the business. I have film of it in the Bahamas 500 from back in the day and the ACBS just graced me with 3 awards for it 8 weeks ago. One way or another it's time to put this to bed and move on.

Now I have to go finish reinstalling a motor in it after dropping a valve racing around at the show.

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 08-13-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F....Name, Yes, I am glad to have come across your post. I am part of ChaosMade.com, a video and movie production company. One of our current projects is about the Golden Age of Offshore and titled the "Untold Story of Offshore". Legends involved with interviews and more are "Brownie", O'Dell Lewis, Charley McCarthy, Rich Luhrs and more. I would like to have you involved with us, and be part of the group. I am am searching for more individuals who where involved or have movies off this era. Please get back to me ASAP, my phone number is 1(954)398-3860.

Gary
Old 08-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
I am posting this on a public forum because I can no longer get a response from p/m's and email.
I have been pursuing this for years now and am only going to ask one more time and I'm done. If it cant happen then so be it, just say so (and I don't even care why) and I will walk away with no hard feelings. You are the Historic Offshore Race Boat Association. This boat was built in 1967 by one of your prominent members and raced against some of the biggest names in the business. I have film of it in the Bahamas 500 from back in the day and the ACBS just graced me with 3 awards for it 8 weeks ago. One way or another it's time to put this to bed and move on.

Now I have to go finish reinstalling a motor in it after dropping a valve racing around at the show.
For those of us unaware ...........what is your gripe with Horba?.................are they not recognizing your boat?
Old 08-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Registered

No gripe.
For years I’ve been lead to believe (by Horba) that my boat will be on their site just for it to never happen. Like 5 years now. Kind of starting to feel weird about asking anymore.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ttt
HORBA come on....
Old 08-14-2016, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab500s
F....Name, Yes, I am glad to have come across your post. I am part of ChaosMade.com, a video and movie production company. One of our current projects is about the Golden Age of Offshore and titled the "Untold Story of Offshore". Legends involved with interviews and more are "Brownie", O'Dell Lewis, Charley McCarthy, Rich Luhrs and more. I would like to have you involved with us, and be part of the group. I am am searching for more individuals who where involved or have movies off this era. Please get back to me ASAP, my phone number is 1(954)398-3860.

Gary
Sorry Gary but I really don't have much to add except what I saw on Miami Vice. As for movies, the only one with my boat in it they sell the DVD on HORBA.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Registered

No answer....hummmmmmmm
Well, there is always Supernova24.com
I also own raceboat.org and raceboat.info. May have to do my own Horba.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you reached out to Charlie directly?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Registered

I have talked to so many people over there over the years.... I mean it's been posted here for a week now and still nothing. Not even a simple reply.
Like I said I feel like I'm begging at this point and 1, I don't beg and 2, this boat don't need to beg for anything.
To be honest after this last week (and years before it) I no longer even want my boat on their site. I know for a fact that my boat was a done long before Still Crazy (not picking on them just followed the restore and know mine was done before theirs and I had already contacted Horba many times) and others but yet they are on there and the Nova 24 is not. I get it, they don’t want my boat for some reason even though it was built by a guy that is listed 3rd on their board of directors. Just wish they wouldn’t have said they did over and over and over again.
I am done with this. They can lock or delete this thread if they like. As far as I am concerned Horba is a dead site/organization and will be deleted from my favorites.