Notices

32 excalabur info

Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 excalabur info

So i registered on this site because i have been reading the form for years hanging on every word reguarding history and proformace. I have had a boat in mind for 4 years and just got the opportunity to buy it. It is a 32 excalabur.... 1980.... vin starts with NAP. This reading here i believe it is a tru excalabur from the vin and bill farmer was the builder. So... her is my questions.
1. Mine looks different from the ones i see pixtures of. It appears to look more like the 42 hawk but smaller. The other odd thing is the transom has a pocket. Like a flats boat where the v bottom sets inside the transome . The guy that had this boat before me rebuilt it for 3 250 etch outboars so maybe he did that, i dont know.
2. What does this thing weigh. The hull is thick as all get out.
3. Kevar? Not that i care but this is going to be a fish boat so that can affect transducers i hear.
4. performance? What do you think this girl will do with twin 300 Suzuki and a bracket... speed and fuel economy.
5. How weight sensitive is she. If so where does she like the weight distributed?

i am here because i trust you guys i know you all have more knowledge that i could ever have. So any input would be awesome!!!
Old 07-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I am not aware of a 32 that wasn't a flat transom unless something was added. The "pocket" is a notch, that's a good thing. I would think a couple of 300's would be okay, may run 55+?

Anyway to share pictures?
Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Registered

I am tring to figure out how to post pictures i have no had any such luck. The transom is flat woth a pocket "notch ". The boat has a deck cap that comes up high like the hawk. The 32' i see when i google images are lower profile boats.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:28 PM
Registered

Here is my boat on a web site. 32? Excalibur with Magic Tilt Trailer $6900 ? YachtAweigh
Old 07-26-2017, 11:03 AM
Registered

https://photos.shutterfly.com/library

so here are better poctures