Notices

Hotel scarface

Old 01-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hotel scarface

Great book if you grew up in south Florida in the 70 and 80’s it’s about George moralas, Sal and Willi

great ready probably the most in-depth pice I have read about them. Got it of amazon
Old 01-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I got it yesterday and I can't stop reading it. I remember the Seahawk guys playing softball in the dry pits at Key West in 84 or 85. They used to "joke" that they were pros and that was how they made their money.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 603 Likes on 277 Posts

Got mine the other day. So far it is definitely an interesting read.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:01 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Finished it today. Great read. I wonder if the Todd R Cimino mentioned in the book is the one and same that was doing business in Blountstown FL as Hawk Power in the early 90's?
Old 01-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chewiekw
Great book if you grew up in south Florida in the 70 and 80’s it’s about George moralas, Sal and Willi

great ready probably the most in-depth pice I have read about them. Got it of amazon
If you liked this , please read American Desperado - I liked it much more than Hotel Scarface. It goes into so much detail about the Miami hotspots, cars, and boats of the day, the geography of Miami and of course many of the power players of the day. I have read it probably 10 times. Its a little slow to start ( talks about New York in the 60's ) but once John Roberts hits Miami - its so frigging good you just cant put it down. in fact many posters on here are mentioned in the book.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default American Desperado

I just ordered American Desperado
Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewiekw
I just ordered American Desperado
Awesome! Let me know what you think when you are done.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mickusa
If you liked this , please read American Desperado - I liked it much more than Hotel Scarface. It goes into so much detail about the Miami hotspots, cars, and boats of the day, the geography of Miami and of course many of the power players of the day. I have read it probably 10 times. Its a little slow to start ( talks about New York in the 60's ) but once John Roberts hits Miami - its so frigging good you just cant put it down. in fact many posters on here are mentioned in the book.
I had to put down Hotel Scarface to finish American Desperado, amazing read!
Old 02-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Registered

Default Yes!

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
I had to put down Hotel Scarface to finish American Desperado, amazing read!
Awesome !! Glad you are enjoying it!!
Old 02-16-2019, 07:25 AM
Registered

Thanks for the recommendations. They were both great reads. The amount of drugs and money that went through Miami is incredible. Hard to believe that Jon was in the situations he was and still is alive to tell about it. Crime paid for at least one man.

Thanks, Todd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.