Notices

Kens oil

Old 05-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Ken still has both of them in his barn... The B boat is complete ready to race & the A boat is minus drives & engines & trailer.
----Knew H20 would have the answer!......Bill S
Old 05-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits

not sure on that
i would guess it came from somewhere and probably modified
they made a 28 with a single Bravo also that raced as Great Lakes caster
I believe it was a pretty fast boat
Tiger fiberglass is still around....I think?
they also did a bunch of work on the bottom of Great Lakes caster 33 Fountain too
someone on here should know

The boat would run consistently 92 we thought it was capable of 94 with prop changes. The engine was a Valako Race Heads 509 9:1 compression 700+HP. The engine was sold a couple years ago and now is abused in a mud bog truck. I thought I remember hearing that the bottom was a modified Chris Craft. (Don't quote me)
Dave put the step in that 33 hull. Great Lakes Caster/Yardarm boat, 51 Wins.

Last edited by Rookie; 05-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
The boat would run consistently 92 we thought it was capable of 94 with prop changes. The engine was a Valako Race Heads 509 9:1 compression 700+HP. The engine was sold a couple years ago and now is abused in a mud bog truck. I thought I remember hearing that the bottom was a modified Chris Craft. (Don't quote me)
Dave put the step in that 33 hull. Great Lakes Caster/Yardarm boat, 51 Wins.

rookie
where is this boat nowadays?
Jeff Haylett, Doug Pompa, or does Tiger own it?
was this a new mold made or built off an exhisting hull?
this too, only raced a couple years....right?
extension off the back was unique
Old 05-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Registered

I believe Dave (Tiger) has it. Last I heard it was sitting along side the shop, maybe some weeds growing out of it. Valako and I once talked about getting it and put big power in it and beat the crap out of it on Lake Michigan. It's a light layup kevlar boat.
I believe it was only campaigned it '03-'04. They eliminated Outlaw A after we won worlds in '03. Ran a few P-class races in '04. Bracket racing is not the same and everyone was pushing F-class boats forcing engine builders and everyday run what you brung racers out of offshore racing.

Last edited by Rookie; 05-10-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Registered

I get it....the racing has changed
Being from the Midwest I enjoyed watching and following the Great Lakes boats from Michigan, Ohio, etc. I do follow OPA somewhat.....I’ve always liked the smaller boats of the “A” and “B” classes.....

Are you (Rookie) in Michigan? What area?

Assuming the 28 tiger is stripped.....what do you think it’s worth$?
Might be interested.....thanks
Old 05-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I believe Dave (Tiger) has it. Last I heard it was sitting along side the shop, maybe some weeds growing out of it. Valako and I once talked about getting it and put big power in it and beat the crap out of it on Lake Michigan. It's a light layup kevlar boat.
I believe it was only campaigned it '03-'04. They eliminated Outlaw A after we won worlds in '03. Ran a few P-class races in '04. Bracket racing is not the same and everyone was pushing F-class boats forcing engine builders and everyday run what you brung racers out of offshore racing.
Dave retired from the boat repair business & what was @ the shop he sold, gave away or left it behind. The last I heard Dave was living up in the thumb area of Michigan restoring one of Austin Healey 3000. Dave is a great guy & did a excellent job restoring my flaming banana 38' Scarab, but to many people took advantage of him & that helped speed up his retirement.... .
Old 05-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Registered

Dave retired from the boat repair business & what was @ the shop he sold, gave away or left it behind. The last I heard Dave was living up in the thumb area of Michigan restoring one of Austin Healey 3000. Dave is a great guy & did a excellent job restoring my flaming banana 38' Scarab, but to many people took advantage of him & that helped speed up his retirement.... .
gotcha
is that his kv?
do you think he still has his 28?
thanks!
Old 05-11-2019, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits

gotcha
is that his kv?
do you think he still has his 28?
thanks!
The Scarab in the pic was my Scarab that Dave painted. The A boat of Daves had damage to it after Dave had the crash @ the St Clair race around 1995. Dave built a new boat after the crash to run A class but it never worked out. Dave may have walked away from all the boats when he closed up around two years ago if so they are gone now...
Old 05-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Registered

Dave built a new boat after the crash to run A class but it never worked out.
Was that the canopy boat that they tried the Blackhawk drive on? Really loose and unpredictable boat if I recall. Not that the A-30 boat was easy to drive.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Here’s one pic I found of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.