Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready??? >

Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready???

Notices

Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready???

Old 08-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Cowes Race 2020...Are you ready???

HORBA is planning a very memorable trip.....and you are invited!

Every year since 1960 or so, the very last open ocean race is held at the end of August in England. The Cowes - Torquay race.

Next year 2020, HORBA is putting together a trip from the USA over to England for the race. Next year's race will be held August 29, 30, 31.

We are speaking with British Airways to achieve some easy ways to make this trip possible and affordable. You can book your travel with HORBA with just a $100.00 deposit and you pay off the balance over the remaining time with the final payment due 30 days before travel.

At this time we are asking how many people would be interested in going. I have already spoken to some of the Legends, and they are ready to return to the scene of the many American victories over the years. Please come and join us and hear the stories right from the source.

The final ticket costs will depend on the size of the group. So if you are interested at all, let me know either on this page or email me at [email protected]

Once we have an idea of the size of the group, we will begin working on land travel. We land in London at Heathrow airport, then down to Southampton for the Red Funnel Ferry over to the Isle of Wight, Cowes.

The total time for the trip will probably be 6 to 7 days. Mores specifics later.

Are you ready to make some great memories???
Old 09-05-2019, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Cowes race party August 29, 30, 31, 2020 in Cowes

OK, up-date report. The current count is just over 40 people.

We are now getting into more specific areas such as ....of the 40 potential people who want to go...How many are going alone and how many will be a party of 2 or 3.

We are finding that with the bus back and forth from London Heathrow LHR to Southampton, they just quoted us a rate per person and that is that, the same with the ferry from Southampton over to Cowes and return. . BUT....when it gets to hotel rooms we can't just say we have 40 people, so give us 20 hotel rooms. So at this point I need a count of how many people in your party will need one or more rooms. Mike S. I have you down for 3 as of now, do you want an cart in one room or do you want another room for the third person?

Also.... in August of next year, would you prefer to fly out of JFK in New York or Miami in Florida?

Please let me now either on Facebook or email to me at [email protected]. At this rate, we should have a rough estimate of the cost of the trip in about one more week.