Notices

Lost Shadow Cat Race Boat Found

Old 10-01-2019, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Registered

How do you like that teak trim around the cockpit? Its a bit deteriorated now, but I bet that was pretty fancy for a race boat back in the day. Also it looks like someone started working on this thing. They removed the name from the sides and started sanding the stern. Engine hatches were not present when I took the photos. I wonder if Ned still has them? I should have taken a picture down low of the tunnel, but didn't think about it at the time. Let me know if the pictures posted ok.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neat boat; I would assume the one on here that would know the history would be T2x or DARREN US1.

Ernie
Old 10-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

was also thinking about T2X, with I think is Rich Luhrs screen name, and he was at shadow cat before going to Chriscraft for the Chriscat along with George Linder but i don't think George he is here nor on FB

looks like a similar project to mine ! not so true boats are not green when you can prove you had trees growing in them !
Old 10-01-2019, 09:14 PM
skrap
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For no reason other than the faded paint job, I thought of P-3 DOCKSIDER as soon as I saw the pictures.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:02 AM
Registered

The blue sides with the yellow and orange striping definitely resemble the paint scheme on Docksider. The colors go well with those Mercs. I would definitely like to hear from T2x. He gave a whole lot of insight into what went on at Shadow Cat in a couple of other OSO threads. From the earlier threads T2x said that the last decent Shadow Cat built was "Marlboro" and that was before 1982 when he and George left the company. I would like to know how "God's Speed" fit into the history. It looks like it has a unique transom for outboard mounting. It also allows for placement of trim planes, tucked in under the stern. I haven't seen that design on any of the other Shadow Cats. Was this unique to the 33' design? I also need to go back and talk to Mr. Lipscomb and ask if he was the original owner. From what T2x stated in earlier threads. He was pretty strict about not making changes to the way the boats were built, even when customers tried to interject their ideas. I would like to know how the 33' came about and how it compared to shorter models in performance.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:05 AM
Registered

If anyone has any pictures of the "Budweiser" or "Gods Speed" Shadow Cat from back in the day. I would like to see them. Race pictures or dockside pictures would be great. So far I haven't found any on the internet.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NewKentRebel
If anyone has any pictures of the "Budweiser" or "Gods Speed" Shadow Cat from back in the day. I would like to see them. Race pictures or dockside pictures would be great. So far I haven't found any on the internet.
Rich Luhrs is on facebook , Great fb page on old offshore raceboats check it out post those pixs on there you get a lot of attention.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Registered

Thanks Bill, I'll try posting some pictures/information on FB.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That boat was Docksider that had the extension off the back 2 ft ,,,, Then Brian Goldwitz aka Wild Bills Express bought it and brought it to me and rigged it with 3 300 evinrudes and we raced it in the NPBA circut in the mid 80s boat ran 109 back in the day then Brian sold it to some guys in VA guess it was Ned??? They raced it a few times then I lost track of it ,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.