Efi conversion bpm vulcano 450 >

Efi conversion bpm vulcano 450

Notices

Efi conversion bpm vulcano 450

Old 12-08-2019, 04:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Efi conversion bpm vulcano 450

Newbie here to this forum...has anyone of you ever came across a converted from carbs to efi and if so could i please have some info????

tnx in advance
Old 12-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

to start w/,your gonna have to machine your intake manifold for fuel injectors.then its just a matter of picking 1 of the dozen aftermarket fuel injection systems and wiring and plumbing it up.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:24 AM
Registered

Thx for swift reply, going the hard way was my initial thought, but I was hoping that somebody here will know if there is a hint for reference with other similar v8 induction manifolds....
Old 12-09-2019, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

what about a tbi carb replacement setup??
Old 01-13-2020, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after doing a bit of research on this topic for my boats. I think this is the most simple option:
https://www.holley.com/products/mari...er_efi_marine/

But you are also going to need to figure out how to get an o2 sensor in the exhaust. There are blocks already setup for this that can be bought for the merc stuff.

Ernie
Old 01-15-2020, 08:55 AM
Registered

I do acknowledge of Holley systems but unfortunately because of induction manifold design at 2 or even full body set up is not applicable scince vulcano has 4 pairs of downdraft carbs....
Old 01-15-2020, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default EFI converstion

Originally Posted by Motronic View Post
I do acknowledge of Holley systems but unfortunately because of induction manifold design at 2 or even full body set up is not applicable scince vulcano has 4 pairs of downdraft carbs....
I have just had Two 540 ci Chevy motors fitted with the old school 8 induction stacks converted to EFI. and it is not for the faint hearted.
You have suitable induction system so a Holley common rail setup would work but unless it has been done before it will all be "custom" which if you have the facilities and a dyno is not a problem and I know can be made to work.

Do you want to do this yourself or are you looking for an engine shop to do it for you ?