what is a 1979 Mirage 28SS worth? >

what is a 1979 Mirage 28SS worth?

Notices

what is a 1979 Mirage 28SS worth?

Old 08-17-2020, 05:49 PM
JWG
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what is a 1979 Mirage 28SS worth?

I have a 79 Mirage that needs a restoration, it has twin 454 -330hp each motors with 150hrs on them with TRS drives, the boat ran perfect when parked just been sitting outside but in good shape, no dings or scratches on hull, the hull stringers are solid and has a trailer that needs some loving, so what is its value? thanks, Jon
Old 08-17-2020, 07:20 PM
JWG
Registered

I think its called Mirage 29 9M SS , sorry about that
The following users liked this post:
cig28 (08-18-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by JWG
I have a 79 Mirage that needs a restoration, it has twin 454 -330hp each motors with 150hrs on them with TRS drives, the boat ran perfect when parked just been sitting outside but in good shape, no dings or scratches on hull, the hull stringers are solid and has a trailer that needs some loving, so what is its value? thanks, Jon
Whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Any pictures?
Old 08-18-2020, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

how much do you think its worth?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

and where is it?
Old 08-19-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

How long has it been parked for? Was it parked covered?
Old 08-19-2020, 05:21 PM
JWG
Registered

its located in Massachusetts, it was covered but the last couple of years it was not
Old 08-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Massachusetts winters with lots of snow, not good for upholstery, seat frames, gauges, hull, stringers or engines. I would guess sitting uncovered that the engines may be locked up by now. Doesn't matter if 150 hours or not, machinery and snow/cold temps dont mix. any water sitting in the voids and corners create micro ice which will find any cracks in fiberglass which just gets worse every year. You may think the hull and stringers are solid but i would guess not and anybody that knows anything would inspect it with a moisture meter and a hammer. Without pictures and based on location and the fact that it has the low HP engines and sat uncovered, i would guess a good sale price may be a few thousand. They are not a boat you run across everyday, but they are also not hard to find. The costs just to get it running again would be several thousand and that assumes the engines can turn over. If the engines are locked up then each engine rebuild is bare min 5K. Do you have someone interested in buying the boat or is this a boat your interested in buying?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:20 PM
JWG
Registered

the boat is remarkably in nice shape, I opened the engine hatch and expected a swamp but it was the opposite everything was clean no water ( the boat on the trailer was tilted up in nose and bilge plugs pulled) the upholstery is junk but it is amazing how well put together it was built and clean the engine bay was, no critters got in and even the small cabin is in nice clean shape with no water or water smell. Its a diamond in the rough, my friend owns it and I was going to buy it for spare parts for my boat but its too nice a shape to destroy so just looking at options. I just finished restoring a Excalibur 42 Eagle so no room in my garage for another project. I was hoping to connect with someone who was looking for a restoration project? Another thing that impressed me was their was no scrapes, scratches anywhere on the hull and the original stainless steel rub rail still looks like new. anyway thats the scoop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.