Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cobalt
Condurre 269 has landed..... >

Condurre 269 has landed.....

Notices

Condurre 269 has landed.....

Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My 269 doesn't have nearly that much going on in the interior department. Not as sparse as the Carrera either though.

Last edited by areyouliving; 03-29-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Too funny, I have an '86 300 Condurre that I re-powered after I had warranty issues with Mercruiser over a failed drive in 2 months of use. I switched over to blown (B&M 420 Megablowers) 454's with Arneson surface drives. What a completely different animal after that. 3000 RPM cruise at 60+ and even with the 30's 26 degrees of dead-rise, it became a bit unstable in the mid 90 mph range. I never did see beyond 4500 rpm, I was too chicken it might hook at speed. I'm considering selling it whole but don't know if parting out the boat might be better. Good ASD-6's seem like hens teeth these days and because I didn't want to deal with reverse rotation, I got one in chain drive and one in gear drive that way engines and gearboxes run standard rotation. I don't even want to remember what my 2-5 bladed Rolla propellers cost, I think it was like $6500 25 years ago . . . crap!
Old 09-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMTT
I didn't want to deal with reverse rotation, I got one in chain drive and one in gear drive that way engines and gearboxes run standard rotation.

So you spin both props the same direction? Does the boat want to list over to the port side? I have stern drives on mine and it lists pretty hard especially when launching it, I was looking to go counterrotation for next season to help this. Sounds like an awesome setup! How about posting some pics up?!
Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

No, I get reverse rotation on one by it being a gear drive and the other is chain drive. The gear drive reverses the rotation. And since there is a TREMENDOUS torque effect with the propellers 1/2 in the water all the time when on plane, you put the clockwise propeller on the left. If you loose an engine the drag of the dragging propeller is partially offset by the working propeller pushing you in the same direction. That way there is much less chance of a hook. It is quite a sight seeing those cleavers gleaming in the sun as they exit the surface and shed their water. I'd never buy a conventional stern drive again.