32 Concept problems

Notices

32 Concept problems

Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 Concept problems

I have a 32 Concept with Verados. The boat has a bad porpoise and its driving me crazy. I can get it out and set the trim but the first wave I hit it starts all over again. Sounds like the prop is loading and un loading. I have Bravo 24 4 blades with vertually no cup, and I have heard to run Tempest 3 blades. I've owned several boats and that does not seem right to me. Have not looked into motor height or tried to figure c of g. Help would be great, thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the conceptboats.com website get the phone number and ask to speak to luis or joey about the the problem and they might be able to help with some suggestions on props or motor height.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever try this from this thread back on 6/17/2011? I never saw a response?

Originally Posted by blingbling
My 32 Concept has some pourpise I need to get out. Got any suggestions? Twin Verados, 4 blade Bravo one's. I know you did alot of set up to yours, thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by marylandmark
Are you happy with every thing else: Time to plane? Handling? Top end? Criuse?

Does she bounce before or at or after certain speeds?

I would put the drain plugs in the floor compartments and fill them with water. I can't remember if the long side ones have floor plugs or not, I know they have drains but not sure if you can seal them off or not. I wouldn't worry about them right now either way. Fill the livewell and the fuel tank up as well. Get as heavy as you can get.

Go run it, see what happens.

Then start dumping tanks to shed weight in this order (transom to bow):

livewell (if transom mounted like mine is)
floor compartment right under rear seat
floor compartment between rear seat and bolsters
compartment under the seat at front of console
floor compartment in front of console
compartments under front seats at bow
floor compartment right in front of cabin door

You don't want to carry more weight than you need to around so the less the better, however adding weight in the right places can yeild better results than a lighter boat. Water is 8.24lbs per gallon for the most part.

I'm guessing you can skip the back compartments and go straight to adding weight to the very front floor and under the front seats to see how that works. When I was testing I tried as many combos as I could.

Odds are you are a little back heavy, mine is. I have the 36 helm with 4 batteries under it and my 300XS's are 120lbs each lighter than your Verados. And she is still a little back heavy. Running with fuller fuel tanks worked for me, thinking you may end up with fuller fuel tanks and maybe some weight in the front floor compartment.

Try it and see what happens and then post results and go from there.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zavier24
Go to the conceptboats.com website get the phone number and ask to speak to luis or joey about the the problem and they might be able to help with some suggestions on props or motor height.
305-635-8712 Office

Chip Fendt works for Concept and knows a little about boats as well.