Notices

lets see pics of those concepts

Old 08-31-2016, 06:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
It seems the performance boats are dead, So
The wife and I keep kicking around the idea of something newer. We've always loved the Concept, especially after seeing Dirt lawyer's ride.
Then we go back to the open-bow runabout idea.
Then the open-bow performance idea,
Then back to a CC that seats 10.
We're so damned lost...
Just because it could seat 10 doesn't mean you have to. For me, the cramped cockpit and under utilized cabin of a performance boat weren't working anymore. These boats still run some pretty respectable speeds too.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Just because it could seat 10 doesn't mean you have to. For me, the cramped cockpit and under utilized cabin of a performance boat weren't working anymore. These boats still run some pretty respectable speeds too.

True. 50% of the time it's the wife and me. Sometimes another couple. Then those weekends when we have the "Friends & Family" cruise.
We bought the Scarab Sport CC to see if we liked it. It works, but the wife still likes the seating (and windshield) of an open bow runabout.
I guess it's impossible to please everyone.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
True. 50% of the time it's the wife and me. Sometimes another couple. Then those weekends when we have the "Friends & Family" cruise.
We bought the Scarab Sport CC to see if we liked it. It works, but the wife still likes the seating (and windshield) of an open bow runabout.
I guess it's impossible to please everyone.
What year Scarab did you buy? I am in the market for a 30'-36' CC with a forward cuddy. Just tossing around which brand, year, power combo, price etc....
Old 12-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The 30 is a great boat! The 36 is considerably larger.
Attached Thumbnails lets see pics of those concepts-20160804_173001.jpg   lets see pics of those concepts-img_0511.jpg   lets see pics of those concepts-img_0540.jpg  

lets see pics of those concepts-img_0620.jpg   lets see pics of those concepts-img_0715.jpg   lets see pics of those concepts-img_0762.jpg  

lets see pics of those concepts-img_0752.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
StarLoone (10-27-2021)
Old 12-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

The guy at Concept said that the new 2017's lost the bracket and went to an integrated bracket (all part of the hull mold) so that makes the boats true to size now.

They have a 32' there. But, no cuddy. You can only get the cuddy in a 30 or 36, not the 32.

How does your 30 perform with the 300's? fuel, mph etc....
Old 12-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by formula1
The guy at Concept said that the new 2017's lost the bracket and went to an integrated bracket (all part of the hull mold) so that makes the boats true to size now.

They have a 32' there. But, no cuddy. You can only get the cuddy in a 30 or 36, not the 32.

How does your 30 perform with the 300's? fuel, mph etc....
I'm not sure if the integrated bracket actually adds to the running length or not, kinda like and intergrated swim platform. I will say that the Concepts are short on headroom in the cabins. I don't really use my cabin much so it wasn't a concern. The larger console with the head built in is nice. But, I like the look and security of the cabin.

I've seen 72 MPH, get around 2 MPG at 45-50 MPH, great mid range, excelerates hard. It's Ok in rough water. It couldn't hang with the 30' Superboat I had, but that's not really it's purpose either.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:18 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Dave M;4508189]I'm not sure if the integrated bracket actually adds to the running length or not, kinda like and intergrated swim platform. I will say that the Concepts are short on headroom in the cabins. I don't really use my cabin much so it wasn't a concern. The larger console with the head built in is nice. But, I like the look and security of the cabin.

I've seen 72 MPH, get around 2 MPG at 45

That's pretty impressive! That is what I am looking for. What year is your boat? Any pics of the forward seating area, cabin and head?
Old 12-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Originally Posted by formula1
What year Scarab did you buy? I am in the market for a 30'-36' CC with a forward cuddy. Just tossing around which brand, year, power combo, price etc....
Mine is a 1996 (I think) that came original with twin Merc 150's. WFO speed was right at 60mph.
I have since replaced them with a newer single Mercury Bluewater 250, with a top end of approx 52mph.
It was fun with the twins, but since we cruise at around 40mph anyway, it works fine for us.
Average fuel for us is about 1.1 mpg with the single

Last edited by Gordo; 12-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Dave M. I love the sport arch on yours. I would rather have something like that than my T-top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.