Concept Speeds? >

Concept Speeds?

Notices

Concept Speeds?

Old 01-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Question Concept Speeds?

A recent post by 288sunny had some replies that got me wondering a little . My 04' 30 SF with cabin has 225 Opti's and runs 59.x MPH pretty much every time out. It has seen 60.x just a handful of times. I have stock 22 pitch bravo 1's turning out and the motors are mounted in the center hole. At top speed I am right at the limiter and the times its been 60.x I was hearing some beeps.

It seems others(at least 1 - low_psi) are getting more MPH than me with what seems to be the same hull and motors. I have tried every trim and tab position there is. I have also raised the motors 1 hole with no additional speed. The bottom is clean, the props look perfect etc.

I know everyone likes to bench race....so lets hear it. How fast is your concept? A descriptions of your setup would be good to. I prefer more of a daily average speed not all stars aligned one time it happened speed. but hey ill take both.

Let the racing begin !

John
Old 01-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am hitting 65 on the GPS 2000 Concept 30 w/2006 Opti 225s. Mounted on top hole with a little trim left. Spinning props out. Showtime83 has sportmaster lowers and a different bracket (higher motors) spinning props in and he is a little bit faster than me. You can squeeze more out of it with the 3 blade 23s but from what I am told it is a wild ride.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
I am hitting 65 on the GPS 2000 Concept 30 w/2006 Opti 225s. Mounted on top hole with a little trim left. Spinning props out. Showtime83 has sportmaster lowers and a different bracket (higher motors) spinning props in and he is a little bit faster than me. You can squeeze more out of it with the 3 blade 23s but from what I am told it is a wild ride.
What Props do you have? Also, buy top hole do you mean the motors are mounted as low as they will go(lowest X dimension)? When I had my motors one hole higher(raised x dim.) it seems like it got a lot more prop slip, enough that while cruising 35-40 going over waves(not jumping or anything) you could hear the motors changing RPMs.

I need to take an actual measurement of my X dimension.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jadento
What Props do you have? Also, buy top hole do you mean the motors are mounted as low as they will go(lowest X dimension)? When I had my motors one hole higher(raised x dim.) it seems like it got a lot more prop slip, enough that while cruising 35-40 going over waves(not jumping or anything) you could hear the motors changing RPMs.

I need to take an actual measurement of my X dimension.
I am running stock 22p Bravo Props. My motors are mounted as high as they will go, they are close to surfacing. When trimmed out I would say they are right at the surface of the water.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. Interesting in deed. It would seem I have more prop slip or my props aren't actually stock 22p(or should I say our stock 22p Bravo props are not the same). At 60.x mph I am hitting the limiter some, so there is no way I am getting 3-4 more MPH with this setup.

John
Old 01-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Registered

I've yet to hit my limiter... While in the water, that is...
Old 01-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jadento, where you at the Detroit opa races? I gave a ride back to one of the drivers on my concept while low_psi towed the boat, he said he also had a 30 concept. Mine is stripped down and light, only 2 batteries, no big stereo (yet). I swapped brackets and spent a lot to time playing with it. Alot could be in the setup, what bracket you have, props.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

How fast is a 30 w/300 Verados?
Old 01-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
How fast is a 30 w/300 Verados?
Probably not much faster. Verados are heavy ;-) Just kidding. I don't think there are any non-stepped 30s out ther with 300 Verados.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by showtime83
Jadento, where you at the Detroit opa races? I gave a ride back to one of the drivers on my concept while low_psi towed the boat, he said he also had a 30 concept. Mine is stripped down and light, only 2 batteries, no big stereo (yet). I swapped brackets and spent a lot to time playing with it. Alot could be in the setup, what bracket you have, props.
I was at the Detroit OPA race in 14'. I was crewing for the an SVL team. But it was not me that you talked to. I did see you guys out there on the course.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.