Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Nice boat Dave M.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JrCRXHF
26 Bravo 1 with dual vent holes.

300X motors I am still working on the setup.

any reason you went with dual vent holes, what speed are you getting. I’m spinning 24 bravos no vent holes but my hole shot sucks because of it when I’m loaded . 8 people on board I’m 62.4 spinning them at 6k.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elite30

any reason you went with dual vent holes, what speed are you getting. I’m spinning 24 bravos no vent holes but my hole shot sucks because of it when I’m loaded . 8 people on board I’m 62.4 spinning them at 6k.
I have not got the motors out of break-in after the rebuild yet. But last year the boat was slow out of the hole so i am trying to create a little more slip but with the X most of the exhaust gets vented before the gear case so it might not help me as much as what it would on a XS. The boat with TQ master and 26p went 74mph and still climbing before hitting a water pressure issue.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Dave M, any progress? A buddy is having the same issue. Same setup, but a 2018.

He is considering selling it, as the boat is not stable over 65 right now.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by snowrunner
Dave M, any progress? A buddy is having the same issue. Same setup, but a 2018.

He is considering selling it, as the boat is not stable over 65 right now.
The weather has not been cooperating so far this year. I think lowering the motors did help with the handling. Still not perfect. I'm usually riding around 50 mph, and the boat rides nice at that speed.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Ran the boat last night, max we could get to was 64-65 before running into severe chine walk. Played with trim and tabs, ran best a 0-2 on trim, 0 tabs.

One thing significant to mention is that the boat has 23p Mirage Plus props. The boat feels extremely light right now, flys over cut vs cutting thru it.

I dont know what hole position people are reffereong to, actually how its being Referenced. The motors are mounted all the way down against the transom- not sure if they can be lowered? Spacer?

not sure if fresh water makes a big difference in stability? Currently, 55mph is the point where it becomes white knuckle and 65 the point where you can no longer drive thru the walk.

We had multiple drivers run the boat as is, with tons of experience rinning much higher powered and speeds than this - no one went above 65.

The factory is helping out and sending some Bravo’s and will help further dial the boat in if necessary - glad to hear they are going to help!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:17 AM
Registered

Bravo’s are the way to go on these 30. Some like the Rev 4 depending on set up. I personally ran mirage plus 23,25 but didnt like how it ran on it . Also tempest and bravo 1 . Tempest is faster but bravo gives you better overall ride at least for me it does.

Had a buddy of mine spinning mirage on his 30 and he liked it because it gave him more speed. It all depends what u like. I also think it has to do with engine height also.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Registered

Honestly the factory is awesome , they will work with you to resolve any issue. Any questions or concern they have always helped me out.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ran the boat last night, max we could get to was 64-65 before running into severe chine walk. Played with trim and tabs, ran best a 0-2 on trim, 0 tabs.

One thing significant to mention is that the boat has 23p Mirage Plus props. The boat feels extremely light right now, flys over cut vs cutting thru it.

I dont know what hole position people are reffereong to, actually how its being Referenced. The motors are mounted all the way down against the transom- not sure if they can be lowered? Spacer?

not sure if fresh water makes a big difference in stability? Currently, 55mph is the point where it becomes white knuckle and 65 the point where you can no longer drive thru the walk.

We had multiple drivers run the boat as is, with tons of experience rinning much higher powered and speeds than this - no one went above 65.

The factory is helping out and sending some Bravo’s and will help further dial the boat in if necessary - glad to hear they are going to help!
This boat is a 2018? With Verados?

I always seem to need to run some tab. My tabs are level with the bottom when they are fully up. Seem slightly odd to me. Other boats I owned had k-planes and were angled upward, when fully retracted. I usually run my tabs on 2 or 3 now.

I've had issues with chine walk with Mirage+, not on the Concept, but other boats. I'm running plain old bravos, 24P, 1:85 lowers.

Verados have five mounting holes. My boat was delivered with the motors in the 4th hole, meaning if they were in the 5th hole, they would be in the highest position. I had them lowered to the 3rd hole which seemed to help.

I boat in a mixture of fresh, brackish, and salt and don't think that should make a difference. My boat rides nice at 55, OK at 65 (better since I lowered the motors),
Old 06-20-2018, 05:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did you try the bravos yet? Is the boat listed for sale on yacht world? Grey sides?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.