Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Concept
30 step props >

30 step props

Notices

30 step props

Old 02-07-2018, 08:48 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 step props

what props do these boats like or anybody have a 30 and what do u run? rev 4 , bravo 1, tempest, hydromotive, or powertech?
Elite30 is offline  
Old 02-07-2018, 09:41 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Bravo FS is the way to go now a days rev4 garbage
kakarot is offline  
Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 PM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have optiís not verado does it matter?
Elite30 is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:14 AM
  #4  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Hollywood, MD, USA
Posts: 5,598
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Default

I'm running 24P bravos with 1:85 lowers. That's what the boat was delivered with. I told my self that I wasn't going to start chasing those last few MPH's and just enjoy the boat. At 65+ the boat is a little unsettled.
Dave M is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:22 AM
  #5  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I'm running 24P bravos with 1:85 lowers. That's what the boat was delivered with. I told my self that I wasn't going to start chasing those last few MPH's and just enjoy the boat. At 65+ the boat is a little unsettled.
i appreciate your response what kind of power do you have?
Elite30 is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 03:22 PM
  #6  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Hollywood, MD, USA
Posts: 5,598
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Elite30 View Post
i appreciate your response what kind of power do you have?
300 Verados
Dave M is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 02:39 PM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

26 Bravo 1 with dual vent holes.

300X motors I am still working on the setup.
JrCRXHF is offline  
Old 05-02-2018, 12:38 PM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 2,480
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I'm running 24P bravos with 1:85 lowers. That's what the boat was delivered with. I told my self that I wasn't going to start chasing those last few MPH's and just enjoy the boat. At 65+ the boat is a little unsettled.
What have you see as far as MPH out of the stepped 30 w/twin 300 Verados? The reason I ask is you mention @ 65+ the boat is unsettled. So just curious how far past 65 you have made it. I have a 2000 non-stepped 30 w/225 Optis and have seen 65 (on the GPS). My motors are mounted as high as they will go and at that speed she is trimmed out pretty good and beginning to get a bit light... But I think there is 1-2 MPH more as I wasn't on the limiters, just ran out of courage ;-)
low_psi is offline  
Old 05-02-2018, 06:45 PM
  #9  
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Hollywood, MD, USA
Posts: 5,598
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by low_psi View Post
What have you see as far as MPH out of the stepped 30 w/twin 300 Verados? The reason I ask is you mention @ 65+ the boat is unsettled. So just curious how far past 65 you have made it. I have a 2000 non-stepped 30 w/225 Optis and have seen 65 (on the GPS). My motors are mounted as high as they will go and at that speed she is trimmed out pretty good and beginning to get a bit light... But I think there is 1-2 MPH more as I wasn't on the limiters, just ran out of courage ;-)

My best so far is 73. My boat came with the motors in the 4th hole. I was having water temp and pressure issues. That's another story. I had the motors lowered to the third hole and my pressure and temp issues went away and I think the boat handles better too. The boat chine walked a lot with the motors in the 4th hole. I don't have a lot of test time with the new set up yet, but I don't think it will cost me any speed. I have to learn the best trim setting. Yesterday I hit 72, 2 people on the boat, FULL gas tank, and full water tank. I was turning around 6250 RPM. I'm hoping for 6400 with less fuel on board. That should give me another MPH or 2.

Dave M is offline  
Old 05-04-2018, 01:26 PM
  #10  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 2,480
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
My best so far is 73. My boat came with the motors in the 4th hole. I was having water temp and pressure issues. That's another story. I had the motors lowered to the third hole and my pressure and temp issues went away and I think the boat handles better too. The boat chine walked a lot with the motors in the 4th hole. I don't have a lot of test time with the new set up yet, but I don't think it will cost me any speed. I have to learn the best trim setting. Yesterday I hit 72, 2 people on the boat, FULL gas tank, and full water tank. I was turning around 6250 RPM. I'm hoping for 6400 with less fuel on board. That should give me another MPH or 2.

Good Numbers. A lot of people thought I was full of it stating I was hitting 65 with 225s until I posted the video showing the GPS. But it does take the right conditions and the boat being pretty light. I think I could get 66-67 out of it if I really got her trimmed out but I am really not out to set any speed records....... Loaded with 3/4 tank and 4 people I am around 60-61. I will say mine rides really well with the motors mounted all the way up. But they are totally different then a Verado...
low_psi is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.