Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > CPBA
running together on the weekends >

running together on the weekends

Notices

running together on the weekends

Old 04-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah "here comes PAT" from SNL didnt show so tell the story already?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ok children, I'm finally here, I do have other obligations, 2007 fountain had to call me and tell me to post..

I am not a situation waiting to happen, situations and rude people find me....I'm a very friendly boater.

Don't go into the "ITS PAT" crap, I'll throw you in my wake and chop you up like shark bait

Scene *AS THE PROP TURNS* OPENING...lol

So, it was a typical summer day in early june. The water was calm, the weather was warm, the beer was cold...

Decided to skip out early and go for a blast, must've been a monday or a tuesday. Invited some people, decided to go to sag because greenport was dead. Now I used to go to Sag all the time with the old boats, never had a problem, people were usually polite and a good time.

So I pull into the town dock, which is open , now mind you it's almost totally open, and it's maybe 430. There isn't really a finger pier long enough for me and the marinas weren't picking up on the VHF. So I pull in trying to be polite...I yelled to some people on the dock to grab a line so I didn't have to shift it 4 times to get it in the slip, just for someone to pull me in. (BARE IN MIND THERE WERE 4 PEOPLE ON ANOTHER BOAT, and 12 PEOPLE ON THE DOCK AND 2 FISHERMAN IN ON ANOTHER BOAT)

This family on the dock, was getting their photo op with their new post, and the dirtbags didn't even offer to help, but made sure to give me a dirty look. Fountain was on the swim platform, and threw a line over in hopes a walking by person would grab, I swear to god, the ******* walked by and didn't even help, didn't pay any attention to us it was honestly one the more seirously rude things I've ever seen on a dock.

So I got pissed, just backed it right in, opened up the hatch, and became very obnovious. They shout over, can you shut the boat off, I said nope, you could've helped me, but you ignored me, now you can deal with my engines cooling down...

They shouted something else, I killed it walked over, and said thanks allot, I'm glad you're getting a portrait of your new ****box boat to hang over your mantle, by the way, it's listing....don't be surprised when noone helps you out someday...

So then we go over to b-smiths. I wanted to go to the american hotel but smiths was open. Rude waiter, absurd drink bill and then when I looked at the bill in shock, because it was 500+ for 5 people and I said to the waiter, really buddy, because we're the only people here, you're not comping us anything, because that's a bit much for a afternoon lunch, he goes, "welcome to sag harbor, if you don't have money, maybe you shouldn't come here..." I looked at him literally trying not to get up and smack him....he finally comps us some shots after the woman I was with (who works in Manhattan in a large corp as a project manager, doesn't take **** from anyone started on him, for being an *******).

He goes, how'd you all get here, I looked at him and just smiled, he goes did you come over in the whaler, I said no, we didn't come over in that, we came in THAT...his face dropped 50 feet, I said maybe next time you'll pay attention to what your customers arrive in rather than telling me, welcome to the hamptons, I don't live here for the obnoxious people like you, but then again, it's the blatant ignorance that makes it possible for me to tolerate people like you....and we left...

Fun day, but jesus, I couldn't believe how rude people can be...

So yes, there is my story...

Sag Harbor, FU :cuqui:

Oh and when we came back, I relieved myself on the boat that wouldn't help us....it's moments like that , that really make life grand.

Fountain knows I'm one of the most polite people on the water, I'm very friendly and understand these things are loud and try to keep everyone happy, but seriously, I'm not someone to piss off and it takes allot, that experience really got me fuming....

Last edited by WildThing47; 04-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Pat, I feel I just relived that entire day!!! I knew you would tell our experience their much better then I would, so I hope it was worth the wait guys.

Fountain knows I'm one of the most polite people on the water, I'm very friendly and understand these things are loud and try to keep everyone happy, but seriously, I'm not someone to piss off and it takes allot, that experience really got me fuming....[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, as well as everyone thats known you for a while.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

i think you were very polite .i would have un screwed the drain plug on there boat.and the waiter would be $hiting out his teeth.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I tried...
Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

My only comment on this entire story is: it shouldnt have mattered if you cam in on a 13 ft whaler or a 50 FT race boat!

They should treat you the same either way.

Ive never had anything like that happen to me over in LI to date but I DONT WANT anyone touching my dock lines cause they will inevitable Screw it up somehow.

We had someone once at claudios grab my brothers dock line and YANK the boat in so hard I was supprised we still had a rub rail after. We were like WTF was that and it was a CT boater who did it Twice!!!! The second time was after we just said WTF you dont need to smach the F ing boat into the piling.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It doesn't matter, but since it was considered that way but inconsiderate people...it showed how ignorant and stupid some people may be. You never know who you're going to meet out....

Just really pissed me off....
Old 04-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by madhatter42
It doesn't matter, but since it was considered that way but inconsiderate people...it showed how ignorant and stupid some people may be. You never know who you're going to meet out....

Just really pissed me off....
I mean it shouldnt have mettered to HIM or anyone else but lets face it Newport comunity isnt to excietd about race/ performance boats either. They are mostly blow boat people and have a low tolerance for us perf boaters.

Thats why this club is such an important thing to have in our state, we can have a say in things, change the way people feel about preformance boaters!

I have nothing against Blow boats but they just arent my thing, when I want to get back home or get to where I am going I want to do it NOW, not wait for mother nature.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of people in our area that will go out of their way to be rude to those in the performance boating community. If it looks and/or sounds loud, some people will just be an azz.

People either love or hate loud flashy boats, very few are indifferent.

Maybe you haven't had any issues Jeff because of your camo windshield and 65 db egg beaters.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SS930
There are a lot of people in our area that will go out of their way to be rude to those in the performance boating community. If it looks and/or sounds loud, some people will just be an azz.

People either love or hate loud flashy boats, very few are indifferent.

Maybe you haven't had any issues Jeff because of your camo windshield and 65 db egg beaters.
HA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.