Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   CPBA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cpba-277/)
-   -   running together on the weekends (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cpba/250716-running-together-weekends.html)

30ctsutphen 04-04-2011 10:13 AM

running together on the weekends

While we are working to get some formal runs together, we also have a group of guys who want to set up informal destinations where we will get together and many guys leaving from the same place will want to run over toegther.

Some of the places mentioned so far are.

Newport,
Sag harbor,
Port Jeff,
Block Island,
Sandy pt. in RI,
Thimble Islands
Hadam Island
Hamburg cove
watch hill
montauck pt.

If anyone has anywhere else they'd like to go, post up!

Especially areas on the CT coast so we can keep some of our CT $$$ in CT!:drink:

Gladhe8er 04-04-2011 03:25 PM

The Crabshell in Stamford is a great spot, especially on Sundays.

If the tides are right, we can hit up the Black Duck too!

30ctsutphen 04-04-2011 06:44 PM

sounds good and a nice shamless plug to boot!

I like it!

Anyone have any thoughts or feeling on running to these spots? any helpful information?

SS930 04-05-2011 11:25 AM

Obviously Greenport too! :drink:

I've always wanted to trailer and the launch over towards MV and Nantucket, but I've never done it. There should be plenty of blow-boaters to annoy over there! :D

2007Fountain35 04-05-2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen (Post 3367962)
While we are working to get some formal runs together, we also have a group of guys who want to set up informal destinations where we will get together and many guys leaving from the same place will want to run over toegther.

Some of the places mentioned so far are.

Newport,
Sag harbor,
Port Jeff,
Block Island,
Sandy pt. in RI,
Thimble Islands
Hadam Island
Hamburg cove
watch hill
montauck pt.

If anyone has anywhere else they'd like to go, post up!

Especially areas on the CT coast so we can keep some of our CT $$$ in CT!:drink:

Take Sag Harbor off that list, ask Pat (MadHatter42) about our experience their last year!!!

30ctsutphen 04-05-2011 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2007Fountain35 (Post 3369458)
Take Sag Harbor off that list, ask Pat (MadHatter42) about our experience their last year!!!

Give up the story?

madhatter????

SS930 04-06-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2007Fountain35 (Post 3369458)

I'd like to hear that one too. I was over there last year and didn't have any issues.

30ctsutphen 04-06-2011 04:55 PM

Well PAT is an issue waiting to happen lets not forget that!

2007Fountain35 04-06-2011 09:39 PM

If Pat doesn't chime in by tomm ill tell the story, I know he will tell it much better then I will.

Sick Stinger 04-09-2011 03:08 PM

Tomorrow has already past.....
-Mike

30ctsutphen 04-09-2011 03:57 PM

Yeah "here comes PAT" from SNL didnt show so tell the story already?

WildThing47 04-10-2011 12:23 PM

Ok children, I'm finally here, I do have other obligations, 2007 fountain had to call me and tell me to post..

I am not a situation waiting to happen, situations and rude people find me....I'm a very friendly boater.

Don't go into the "ITS PAT" crap, I'll throw you in my wake and chop you up like shark bait ;)

Scene *AS THE PROP TURNS* OPENING...lol

So, it was a typical summer day in early june. The water was calm, the weather was warm, the beer was cold...

Decided to skip out early and go for a blast, must've been a monday or a tuesday. Invited some people, decided to go to sag because greenport was dead. Now I used to go to Sag all the time with the old boats, never had a problem, people were usually polite and a good time.

So I pull into the town dock, which is open , now mind you it's almost totally open, and it's maybe 430. There isn't really a finger pier long enough for me and the marinas weren't picking up on the VHF. So I pull in trying to be polite...I yelled to some people on the dock to grab a line so I didn't have to shift it 4 times to get it in the slip, just for someone to pull me in. (BARE IN MIND THERE WERE 4 PEOPLE ON ANOTHER BOAT, and 12 PEOPLE ON THE DOCK AND 2 FISHERMAN IN ON ANOTHER BOAT)

This family on the dock, was getting their photo op with their new post, and the dirtbags didn't even offer to help, but made sure to give me a dirty look. Fountain was on the swim platform, and threw a line over in hopes a walking by person would grab, I swear to god, the ******* walked by and didn't even help, didn't pay any attention to us it was honestly one the more seirously rude things I've ever seen on a dock.

So I got pissed, just backed it right in, opened up the hatch, and became very obnovious. They shout over, can you shut the boat off, I said nope, you could've helped me, but you ignored me, now you can deal with my engines cooling down...

They shouted something else, I killed it walked over, and said thanks allot, I'm glad you're getting a portrait of your new ****box boat to hang over your mantle, by the way, it's listing....don't be surprised when noone helps you out someday...

So then we go over to b-smiths. I wanted to go to the american hotel but smiths was open. Rude waiter, absurd drink bill and then when I looked at the bill in shock, because it was 500+ for 5 people and I said to the waiter, really buddy, because we're the only people here, you're not comping us anything, because that's a bit much for a afternoon lunch, he goes, "welcome to sag harbor, if you don't have money, maybe you shouldn't come here..." I looked at him literally trying not to get up and smack him....he finally comps us some shots after the woman I was with (who works in Manhattan in a large corp as a project manager, doesn't take **** from anyone started on him, for being an *******).

He goes, how'd you all get here, I looked at him and just smiled, he goes did you come over in the whaler, I said no, we didn't come over in that, we came in THAT...his face dropped 50 feet, I said maybe next time you'll pay attention to what your customers arrive in rather than telling me, welcome to the hamptons, I don't live here for the obnoxious people like you, but then again, it's the blatant ignorance that makes it possible for me to tolerate people like you....and we left...

Fun day, but jesus, I couldn't believe how rude people can be...

So yes, there is my story...

Sag Harbor, FU :grinser010::daz::cuqui:

Oh and when we came back, I relieved myself on the boat that wouldn't help us....it's moments like that , that really make life grand.

Fountain knows I'm one of the most polite people on the water, I'm very friendly and understand these things are loud and try to keep everyone happy, but seriously, I'm not someone to piss off and it takes allot, that experience really got me fuming....

2007Fountain35 04-10-2011 02:18 PM

Pat, I feel I just relived that entire day!!! I knew you would tell our experience their much better then I would, so I hope it was worth the wait guys.

Fountain knows I'm one of the most polite people on the water, I'm very friendly and understand these things are loud and try to keep everyone happy, but seriously, I'm not someone to piss off and it takes allot, that experience really got me fuming....[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, as well as everyone thats known you for a while.

innerrage 04-10-2011 02:54 PM

i think you were very polite .i would have un screwed the drain plug on there boat.and the waiter would be $hiting out his teeth.:drink:

WildThing47 04-10-2011 03:45 PM

I tried... ;)

30ctsutphen 04-10-2011 08:33 PM

My only comment on this entire story is: it shouldnt have mattered if you cam in on a 13 ft whaler or a 50 FT race boat!

They should treat you the same either way.

Ive never had anything like that happen to me over in LI to date but I DONT WANT anyone touching my dock lines cause they will inevitable Screw it up somehow.

We had someone once at claudios grab my brothers dock line and YANK the boat in so hard I was supprised we still had a rub rail after. We were like WTF was that and it was a CT boater who did it Twice!!!! The second time was after we just said WTF you dont need to smach the F ing boat into the piling.

WildThing47 04-11-2011 02:01 AM

It doesn't matter, but since it was considered that way but inconsiderate people...it showed how ignorant and stupid some people may be. You never know who you're going to meet out....

Just really pissed me off....

30ctsutphen 04-11-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by madhatter42 (Post 3373533)
It doesn't matter, but since it was considered that way but inconsiderate people...it showed how ignorant and stupid some people may be. You never know who you're going to meet out....

Just really pissed me off....

I mean it shouldnt have mettered to HIM or anyone else but lets face it Newport comunity isnt to excietd about race/ performance boats either. They are mostly blow boat people and have a low tolerance for us perf boaters.

Thats why this club is such an important thing to have in our state, we can have a say in things, change the way people feel about preformance boaters!

I have nothing against Blow boats but they just arent my thing, when I want to get back home or get to where I am going I want to do it NOW, not wait for mother nature.:evilb:

SS930 04-11-2011 01:50 PM

There are a lot of people in our area that will go out of their way to be rude to those in the performance boating community. If it looks and/or sounds loud, some people will just be an azz.

People either love or hate loud flashy boats, very few are indifferent.

Maybe you haven't had any issues Jeff because of your camo windshield and 65 db egg beaters. :D

WildThing47 04-11-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3373955)
There are a lot of people in our area that will go out of their way to be rude to those in the performance boating community. If it looks and/or sounds loud, some people will just be an azz.

People either love or hate loud flashy boats, very few are indifferent.

Maybe you haven't had any issues Jeff because of your camo windshield and 65 db egg beaters. :D

HA!

30ctsutphen 04-11-2011 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah MOST people appreciate my boat, it must be because It transends all barriers in boating. I agree with you that its the best possible choice in a boat thanks for pointing that out scot!

your such a nice guy!:party-smiley-004:

kreed 04-12-2011 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=30ctsutphen;3374255]yeah MOST people appreciate my boat, it must be because It transends all barriers in boating. I agree with you that its the best possible choice in a boat thanks for pointing that out scot!

Hahahahaha....transCends all barriers, really? Your a riot. Pat, what a sh!tty experience! F' them all, their just jealous......

Big Time 04-12-2011 12:51 PM

I'll be offering my pre-season services for rides this summer....I can wash and wax and turn wrenches. Just let me know if you need any help.

30ctsutphen 04-12-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 3374913)
I'll be offering my pre-season services for rides this summer....I can wash and wax and turn wrenches. Just let me know if you need any help.

Your welcome on my boat anytime just let me know when you want to go! Its gotta be tough not having your boat. I havent really ever gone long that way because I always feel like crap that I cant get on the water when I want.

WildThing47 04-12-2011 09:19 PM

Same here big-time, offer's always open.

Big Time 04-13-2011 08:05 AM

Appreciate it guys! I am good deckhand, can help out with the loading/unloading, lines, fenders, docking... but that's only if I am sober enough :drink:

Big Time 04-13-2011 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen (Post 3375222)
Your welcome on my boat anytime just let me know when you want to go! Its gotta be tough not having your boat. I havent really ever gone long that way because I always feel like crap that I cant get on the water when I want.

Yeah, first time in 5 or 6 years I have been without my own boat. Don't regret it, but will miss it. I'll be on the sidelines for while I think, but you can't move on to the next one without selling the one you have (at least I can't anyway :lolhit:).

Gladhe8er 04-13-2011 08:31 AM

Nobody..I repeat NOBODY...let Big Time turn wrenches on your boat!

Big Time 04-13-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er (Post 3375604)
Nobody..I repeat NOBODY...let Big Time turn wrenches on your boat!

Hahaha.....at least I know how to change my own oil! :lolhit:

Big Time 04-13-2011 09:35 AM

Speaking of oil, I still have my electric oil pump (w/bucket) if anyone needs one to borrow. Works pretty good if you don't have access to your oil drain plug.

Gladhe8er 04-13-2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 3375646)
Hahaha.....at least I know how to change my own oil! :lolhit:

I could change my own easily...even have the hose attached to the motor that goes out the drain plug hole so i don't needa pump like you. I like the piece of mind knowing a professional did it.

30ctsutphen 04-13-2011 01:05 PM

UM are you two BROTHERS!.LOL

man you sound like me and my brother allot!

Do you guys flip eachother off when you see eachother even in public.

Big Time 04-13-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen (Post 3375829)

He started it! :angry-smiley-038: :lolhit:

Gladhe8er 04-13-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen (Post 3375829)

I guess you've seen us out in public before...

kreed 04-13-2011 05:21 PM

Which boat is faster by the way? AT or Fountain? I think I may have asked a long time ago! Big Time, your can go any time with us, I dont mind bringing a group of models on Studio54 one bit! :hitit:

Gladhe8er 04-13-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 3376045)
Which boat is faster by the way? AT or Fountain? I think I may have asked a long time ago! Big Time, your can go any time with us, I dont mind bringing a group of models on Studio54 one bit! :hitit:

Looking to start trouble, eh?! Obviously the AT is faster in LI Sound. The Fountain is a lake boat:party-smiley-004:

kreed 04-14-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er (Post 3376104)
Looking to start trouble, eh?! Obviously the AT is faster in LI Sound. The Fountain is a lake boat:party-smiley-004:

:eek:........:party-smiley-004:

Big Time 04-14-2011 07:49 AM

Looks like Pete's been drinking again!!

Don't make me post a video of me pulling away from you in the sound! :coolcowboy:

Gladhe8er 04-14-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 3376461)
Looks like Pete's been drinking again!!

Don't make me post a video of me pulling away from you in the sound! :coolcowboy:

That was only after we got inside of the barrier islands. The water was like a lake.

Big Time 04-14-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er (Post 3376552)
That was only after we got inside of the barrier islands. The water was like a lake.

Barrier islands in the sound?....:lolhit: I will give you this though....you now own a faster boat then me! :drink: