Notices

Exhaust advise??!!!???

Old 05-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
i'v seen those on there before , even watched when he had both sets up for sale , but there nothing with out the air actuators , lines , pump ... , money money money , each week i top off my tank and put a fresh 18 pack in the cooler , if they end at the opening bid i'll buy em , but i'm not getting into a bidding war for something that i'll probably just take off when i realize i love the rumble of my engine
, good looking out tho
know anyone thats looking for big tube headers / bravo1 tails that need some TLC ?
What do they need done to them and whats the price. May know someone.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
What do they need done to them and whats the price. May know someone.
one riser needs to be rebuilt , its rusted and leaking in the center of the collector , not leaking into the exhaust side , just outside , aside from that there good , 4.5 inch tails completely dry , small bung at the tip of the pipe for cooling water , if you want pics i'll snap some for you
looking to get 500 bucks , not bad for headers / risers / tails
Old 05-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
I just finished mine last month , i think it came out great
its a gen 4 454 , the exhaust sounds great and really kicks up the midrange power over the stock cast iron
not to mention it looks really good with the shift bracket and ign module relocated off the engine
make sure you go for the aluminum if you can , might as well drop weight too

Attachment 342990
Enforcer24- Can you tell me how you routed your water lines? Is your exhaust wet or dry?

Scott
Old 05-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
Enforcer24- Can you tell me how you routed your water lines? Is your exhaust wet or dry?

Scott
IT'S wet , i used a crossover system , but that really doesnt change much , water comes from the sea water pump to my crossover , thru the engine and out the thermostat housing to the bottem of the manifolds and out the exhaust , if your running a circulating pump on the engine (water pump) , the only change to your system is using 2 "T"'s to eliminate the water lines that would run to your risers , sending all the water to the bottem of the exhaust manifolds
or buying a thermostat housing that has only the 2 lines out for water to the manifolds
let me know if theres anything else i can help with
Old 05-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

I bought 2 sets of GLM exhaust a few months back, what a joke. They went straight back. I bit the bullet and bought Stainless Marine.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
I bought 2 sets of GLM exhaust a few months back, what a joke. They went straight back. I bit the bullet and bought Stainless Marine.
I havent heard much good about the GLM's , theres no doubt that if you can afford stainless marine manifolds there the best before stepping up to true headers like CMI or Stellings , but not everyone can afford that kinda stuff
Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you want GILS, I have a customer who just upgraded and has a couple sets for sale.

PM me for his info.

Jeff
Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

Stainless Marine was out of my comfort price range, until someone pointed out the ease of the dry joint riser removal. My engines are so tight in the boat, that I have to remove the inside risers and manifolds to get to anything. The fact that my life will now be so much easier was worth the extra cost. They also make custom risers to your application to prevent reversion issues should you ever want to go to a more radical cam.

A few pics of the GLM that I reccieved.....yes all 4 manifolds came in that little box.

for the reccord, I dont have an axe to grind with GLM, I just dont want to see anyone else get stuck paying very pricy return shipping becase they expected a lot higher quality.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust advise??!!!???-glm-003.jpg   Exhaust advise??!!!???-glm-009.jpg   Exhaust advise??!!!???-glm-005.jpg  

Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Registered

Picture # 2 holy crap , how could they send things out looking like that ? , with the almost guarenteed water leak your gonna have at that riser fitting , wonder if there paying for many replacement engines ?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

GLM= China crap

Quick Reply: Exhaust advise??!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.