Notices

Switchable Exhaust

Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switchable Exhaust

Looking to replace my non switchable y-pipes (Q&Q II) with a silent choice type setup and would appreciate any guidance/experience you guys have:

Looks like I have 3 choices; Corsa Q&Q + (electric solenoids, on/off), IMCO Sound Advantage (electric jack screw, variable positions) or Hardin Sound Selection (air operated).

I'm assuming all have pros/cons; what are they and which would be the most logical system for my SBC powered boat?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep in mind that many states have outlawed switchable exhausts and any form of cutouts. The boat must meet the dB test in a fixed configuration.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Keep in mind that many states have outlawed switchable exhausts and any form of cutouts. The boat must meet the dB test in a fixed configuration.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Since the vast majority of our boating is in KY which allows them I'm ready to pull the trigger, just don't know which system to go with.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Corsa's Captain's Call.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm looking at this set, much cheaper than corsa, but I can't find reviews

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Seate...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a set of cmi y pipes that I will sell cheap.

918-232-3503
Dustin
Old 05-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

i bought some of the ebay ones. they are pretty light weight material and I was missing a part off of one. They never did replace it. For the price they will work for me for the project I bought them for. I bought 3 sets for me and a buddy and paid $300 each I think. I would probably spend more $ and get a name brand next time.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sabercatt
i bought some of the ebay ones. they are pretty light weight material and I was missing a part off of one. They never did replace it. For the price they will work for me for the project I bought them for. I bought 3 sets for me and a buddy and paid $300 each I think. I would probably spend more $ and get a name brand next time.
at $300 a set you are talking less than half of Corsa. Would you still go name brand with that in mind?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
I'm looking at this set, much cheaper than corsa, but I can't find reviews

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Seate...spagenameZWDVW
I saw this but not really looking to "go cheap". I want something reliable and if it costs more, oh well. Going with an unknown would probably cost more in the long run anyway.

Corsa seems to have much of that market, I'm just not crazy about the solenoids sitting there pulling juice all the time. The Hardin system looks similar to what Mercruiser used to use. The downside there is complexity; the pump and all that plumbing looks to be a problem waiting to happen. That leaves me with the IMCO system which I've never seen but I like the idea of a jackscrew setup where they're only drawing juice when moving.

What to do, what to do.....
Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The cmi has a air pump.

Quick Reply: Switchable Exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.