Bravo waterpump help needed >

Bravo waterpump help needed

Notices

Bravo waterpump help needed

Old 08-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo waterpump help needed

I have a 502 BB that I just swapped the original cast iron mercruiser exhaust manifold and elbow to GIL aluminum manifold and stainless elbow. I also changed to a close cooling system cooling the block (not manifold). Running the boat on land with garden hose I only get cooling water out on one exhaust side. Thought it might be debris in the other side but next start showed colling water on the other side only....Impeller in waterpump looks fine so no I wonder if maybe the waterpump gaskets are too thick so the impeller leaks at the edges. A friend had a similar problem (although a diesel sailboat engine). Turned out the gaskets (actually same style as the Bravo pump) were 0.1 to 0.2 millimeters too thick. Does anyone know the exact gasket thickness for a Bravo pump??

Also, is there a simple way to test the pump off the engine? It is a nightmare to disassamble and assemble to pump on the engine in the boat.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply

I mean the seawaterpump, Bravo style. It has three gaskets and sits on the engine driven by a belt. My current gaskets are 0.45 millimeter thick.