Notices

Idle surge?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by n20michael
My boat has the "454EFI" motor, which is similiar to the 454/502 Mag, the plenum is "flat" and the air cleaner faces the right side of the boat, do I need to remove the top of the plenum to get to either one of these parts?

Thanks!
Michael
# 32 tps & # 35 IAC...

its easier to remove the throttle body to service,get a new throttle body gasket also..

http://www.marinepowerservice.com/CO.../300x20149.gif
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
My boat has the "454EFI" motor, which is similiar to the 454/502 Mag, the plenum is "flat" and the air cleaner faces the right side of the boat, do I need to remove the top of the plenum to get to either one of these parts?

Thanks!
Michael
I am not 100% sure on what you will have to remove to get to them. I have a buddy that has a 502 in his baja but never really paid much attention to where things are at on it.

Do a search in the general Q&A section for Merc manuals. I did this about 2 years ago and I was able to down load and print out complete parts and schematic manuals for my motors and bravo drives as well as the ECM book for free!

These manuals will tell you everything you need to know about your motor.

I believe I found them all on Iboat or Iboats.com and they have come in real handy!

I also bought the scan tool and between that and the books, I have my motors under control and always no whats going on with them when they decide not to play well with each other!