Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
over heating an engine cause the manifolds to crack? >

over heating an engine cause the manifolds to crack?

Notices

over heating an engine cause the manifolds to crack?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seems more like i have reversion problem. you can see where the elbow is even wet after running the boat for about 20 mins. I replaced the riser gaskets and sealed them real good with head gasket sealer and let it set over nite, still water in the oil. I am going to weld 6" x 3" stainless stell to the exhaust port on the riser so that the water and exhaust gasses do not mix so close to the elbow of the riser.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they are GLM manifolds they could have likely been flawed from the start....You would be shocked if you saw what I have pulled out of the box new from them
Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about EMI manifolds any better? Working on getting two sets with plus 3" riser 18" long stainless for 3800 new
Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Ken, EMI Thunder's would be a much better choice. They also have individual runners which is what you want. You won't regret it. Just my opinion. Obviously you have numerous different routes you could go so just do a little research before you buy just to make sure you get the best bang for the buck however I think your on the right track.

John