New glass on Bluewater indicator >

New glass on Bluewater indicator

Notices

New glass on Bluewater indicator

Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New glass on Bluewater indicator

Does anyone know how to replace the glass on a Bluewater trim indicator? It seems I have to remove both the entire indicator and all the cables. Is there any other way of doing it? It's in a very tight space so it would be nice if I didn't have to remove everything.

Thanks,
Jeppe
Attached Thumbnails New glass on Bluewater indicator-img_2834-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Jeppe; 05-19-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the whole assembly has to come out, the glass (plastic) is siliconed in from the back along with the indicator card. You might be able to get them out by loosening the mount nuts and lifting up but I think the spring loaded indicators will come out and it would be tough to get them back in.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The top cover and glass are bolted through the deck to the indicator assy and cables. The top cover is metal and has studs that go through the deck to attach the indicator assy. It might be possible to slide the glass out if you have enough threads on the nuts underneath to get it up high enough. Probably not though. I could not get mine out without unbolting the indicator assy from the bottom.

The cables do not have to be removed. In fact, it would be very difficult to attach the cables to the indicator once it is bolted in.

It is a pain in tight quarters to get it back together, as the indicators are slightly spring loaded against the card under the glass. The spring loaded parts keep flying around or turning the wrong way. Patience is a virtue for this job.

Last edited by Propster; 05-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.