How To:  Rebuilding Merc Sea/Fuel Pump >

How To: Rebuilding Merc Sea/Fuel Pump

Notices

How To: Rebuilding Merc Sea/Fuel Pump

Old 04-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Hey Mike. I've never used those pumps. My engines are the old Mark IV's. I run the self regulated block mounted 6 valve mechanical pumps. I love them. No regulator needed, and will support a ton of power. Same pumps merc used on the 900sc and 1000sc.

For some reason in my head, I thought the merc pumps were made by carter? I honestly don't know. I do know, I used an Airtex pump in my dually, (in tank electric), and it lasted about a week. Switched to a Delphi pump, no issues.

CV products makes a bad azz pump for the seapump deal. Quite expensive though!!
Thanks for the info. Joe....nice avatar by the way
Old 04-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Hey Mike. I've never used those pumps. My engines are the old Mark IV's. I run the self regulated block mounted 6 valve mechanical pumps. I love them. No regulator needed, and will support a ton of power. Same pumps merc used on the 900sc and 1000sc.

For some reason in my head, I thought the merc pumps were made by carter? I honestly don't know. I do know, I used an Airtex pump in my dually, (in tank electric), and it lasted about a week. Switched to a Delphi pump, no issues.

CV products makes a bad azz pump for the seapump deal. Quite expensive though!!
I run the CV pumps and they are pricey but bad azz for sure. They can be run with or without regulator with the ability to change springs for pressure range and also able to be rebuilt. The all billet construction dosent look bad either.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SC288
Hey Rookie and Mild Thunder did you ever use the new Airtex Replacement Pump Part # 60932.....sounds like everyone is saying Airtex makes the pump for Merc. etc.
I used one last season, it performed well. However, my 502 vaporlocks like crazy so it's being removed in favor of an Aeromotive pump.

I have no reason to believe the Airtex pump was the cause of the vaporlock.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by SC288
Hey Rookie and Mild Thunder did you ever use the new Airtex Replacement Pump Part # 60932.....sounds like everyone is saying Airtex makes the pump for Merc. etc.
I believe a few people have used them. I blocked off my sea pumps and just run electric Mallory 140's. I'm going to get some Aeromotive 1000's eventually. Probably when I install my blowers, or when I go fuel injected. Jim just ordered 2 FAST systems and they support 1200HP so I am going to wait and see how they perform. Installing them on a pair of 540's.
http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-e...-base-kithtml/

How are things going Mike? Mines all ready to hit the water. Just did oil changes today and fired them up for a quick sec. You guys going to make it up towards West Mi this year or are we going to have to meet in the middle somewhere. And Joe are you going to join us?

Last edited by Rookie; 04-12-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Registered

I just spoke with the fine people at Mercury and they say to use 4.0oz of gear lube. To refill, the out drive oil works according to the tech on the phone
Old 04-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Imp viper in other nite . Made him get down there and pull the screws out of those pumps . One half full other empty. He got lucky . Use merc green drive fluid . If you put droop hoses on your combo pumps the green fluid does a swell job of kicking any water that gets through to the bottom ,or down into your clear sight hoses. Good mod on a expensive pump like that .