Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
what kind of glue for headliner? >

what kind of glue for headliner?

Notices

what kind of glue for headliner?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mrfixxall is right. DAP Weldwood landau top adhesive from Dubois Fabrics, also available in 1 gal can. Apply with a paint spray gun. Make sure to have plenty of ventalation. The 3M wll not hold in this application over time.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
3M makes more than one of the spray glues, get the H/D for headliners, it it will stay if done right..sometimes auto parts stores only have the std one
i have tried both! one specifically says on the can that its for headliners, it does not work in south la heat, the headliner fell after about a month.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
the 3m stuff works for a little while but will come down in the heat of the summer..i always had problems with the rattle can 3m makes..

the best i have found is dap weldwood landau top adhesive,,its heat resistant and lasts forever..

http://www.duboisfabrics.com/product_p/glue%20dap.htm
i just redid mu headliner & thats what i used. for a gallon of it, it was only about $3 more than one of those 3m cans. Plus using a spray gun made applying much easier. so far it has held up well this summer w/ the tems hitting over 100 & high humidity.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3M #1357 or Armstrong 520 contact adhesives have worked for me. The spray can 3M 77 or 90 wont last.