Notices

So whats the down side?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So whats the down side?

of running the hp exhaust bellows on a bravo 1 outdrive?
I worry about no water flow thru the outdrive at cruise speed. Is this an issue or does the exhaust/water have no bearing on the operation of the drive unit?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

No problems removing the exhaust bellows and replacing with the exhaust tube. The water passing through the drive and out the prop hub has no bearing on drive operation. If you want to save the $20 or whatever the tube costs these days, remove the bellows and cut it short.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Thanks knot . I already bought the tube as I had to replace the old bellows anyway. Then I started thinking (which is usually dangerous) and wanted to make sure be for I ran it .
Old 06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by NOPUN
Thanks knot . I already bought the tube as I had to replace the old bellows anyway. Then I started thinking (which is usually dangerous) and wanted to make sure be for I ran it .
before you attempt to do it make sure you have the exhaust bellow tool..you have to remove the drive to use the tool.. its a biach to do with out it..
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

No need to remove the drive to install the exhaust tube. It only attaches at the transom assembly and that is easily accessed with the drive trimmed all the way up.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
before you attempt to do it make sure you have the exhaust bellow tool..you have to remove the drive to use the tool.. its a biach to do with out it..
Took me all of 5 min to replace. I like this deal alot better than orig. exhaust bellows.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

You won't notice much difference. I had a bellows come off a Rinker I had so I just tossed it and put the tube on. It was slightly louder at idle and if you were behind the boat or standing on a dock as it went by, a little louder on plane. I think it also gained a few RPM at WOT.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
You won't notice much difference. I had a bellows come off a Rinker I had so I just tossed it and put the tube on. It was slightly louder at idle and if you were behind the boat or standing on a dock as it went by, a little louder on plane. I think it also gained a few RPM at WOT.
Looking at the design , thats about what I would expect. I was just making sure no other mods were needed to prevent any problems down the road. I know on my race car it takes 3 mods to make 1 work right. LOL !