Notices

ANNOYING leak, GRRRRRRRR

Old 05-31-2015, 02:26 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^ that's funny and let 50,000 of blow your ears Harleys roll into town for a 2 week bike bash. hmmm
Old 05-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't get me going on that BUP. I have had several boats with through hull exhaust, all of them passed the decibel test. I live in a cove with plenty of people and there are times when I am out late on the boat. My next door neighbors are wonderful people and in their 70's. I would love to come home quietly at night and not disturb them, but I can't install a switchable exhaust to make my boat even quieter than the legal limit that the boat passes while open. It is a truly stupid law the way it is written. You ought to hear it around here on bike week, it is nuts how loud it is. It also brings a ton of money into our economy so I don't mind the noise and inconvenience for a week.

My Crownline has quick and quiet on it but 95% of the time it is in the quiet position and I have never had an issue, but it is a pretty mundane looking 22 foot bowrider and I doubt anybody would think to look for it. I'm seriously considering pulling the diverters, installing merc elbows, and capping the tips as I can't stand the rattling from the diverters when they are closed. It sounds like the valvetrain is about to come unglued.

Last edited by donzi matt; 05-31-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:48 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

BUP - If your comin up - my shop is less than a mile from the Harley Davidson dealer. I'm at the 'famous' traffic jam lights. LOL.

BTW: It's one week, and yeh, there is a group that wants to limit it to one week-end. LOL. Didn't someone give them the memo you can't stop people from coming when ever they want ? LMAOF.

Edit in: Matt posted before me. His shop is 10 minutes from me. You can visit both ! Although Matt will probably be on the phone pretending to be busy. Ha !

Last edited by SB; 05-31-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i think one of the requirements to be a law maker is you must be brain dead,lol.they are in the great state of illinois.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i think one of the requirements to be a law maker is you must be brain dead,lol.they are in the great state of illinois.
Not really, they just love power - which means telling others' what is 'best' for them. In keeping with the NH theme:

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” -Daniel Webster
Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by apollard
Not really, they just love power - which means telling others' what is 'best' for them. In keeping with the NH theme:

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” -Daniel Webster
In other words, absolute power corrupts absolutely...