Notices

Drive Shower

Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drive Shower

Why don't i see more people doing this? Seems to me that it would be a whole lot better set up. And how do you plumb it up to do it? Click on the next picture to get a better look at it.http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...&f=34080_4.jpg

Last edited by The Get Away; 08-31-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

im having a hard time seeing where the water is coming from for the showers. if its coming out of the engines i would think thats defeating the purpose because the water is already hot.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Could be a "T" fitting coming off the raw water pumps? Must be getting water from somewhere?

Michael
Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Looks like they are water pressure dumps, so the water would be cool, un-circulated. Good way to use the water for something.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ted G
Looks like they are water pressure dumps, so the water would be cool, un-circulated. Good way to use the water for something.
I think that it would work a hell of alot better than a drive shower that has a pick up. It is only going to increase water as the rpm's increase. I was hoping that someone would have some pictures of how they did it and what size hose they used.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Get Away
Why don't i see more people doing this? Seems to me that it would be a whole lot better set up. And how do you plumb it up to do it? Click on the next picture to get a better look at it.http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...&f=34080_4.jpg
I wonder if those are pick-up tubes coming out of the stern bottom either side of the bildge plug? They look to be about the right diameter.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck27
I wonder if those are pick-up tubes coming out of the stern bottom either side of the bildge plug? They look to be about the right diameter.
I would imagine that those are water pick ups for the motors. I don't see any on the drives, but im no expert.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I think that it would work a hell of alot better than a drive shower that has a pick up. It is only going to increase water as the rpm's increase. I was hoping that someone would have some pictures of how they did it and what size hose they used.
The Merc dumps have a 3/4 hose coming off them, most people just dump out with a through hull, but you could easily adapt it to come out where those do.

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck27
Those are engine pickups, should feed a strainer then through the raw water pump. If you lengthen those slightly you can get about 100 psi water pressure at speed if you want it. (you don't)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Wouldn't this be better than a typical drive shower,or am i missing something.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Wouldn't this be better than a typical drive shower,or am i missing something.
If you have enough water pressure that you can dump some off, yes. But adding a pickup will kind of defeat the purpose. The one negative with showers is they slow the boat down. I lost about 2 mph when I put the Simreks on my 311. Any protrusion from the hull or cavitation plates on the drives will scrub off speed. So if you can get water without adding another protrusion it is free speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.