Notices

Another Oil in Water Saga

Old 03-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dustdoss
So I pulled the manifold and winterization seems to be the culprit. I have never pulled the block plugs before, but this year must have been the one.

When I pulled the intake, there was goo up to the pan on the bottom of the intake, I figure at least 1.5-2 inches deep. It became very obvious very quick what was wrong, as there were three cracks from the head tot eh valley on one side and another on the other. Count them four, at least I went out big.

Looks like it is time for another project, I will probably take this summer off the lake to bankroll a winter rebuild. Mine is a non-magnum motor, so maybe I will step up to a forged crank and pistons and do some work to the peanut-ports. I want to keep it a cruiser, maybe pick up a little hole-shot power with a better cam. and aftermarket manifolds.

The real kicker is that my new Edelbrock carb and Torker 2 (both e-bay finds) will have to wait till next season. I hadn't even puth them on yet.

Thanks for all the advice, I have lots more browsing to do to find out good cams and other engine combination stuff.
Man, that royally bites!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss. Keep looking in the classifeids for a take out engine. Tis the season for guys pulling their engines to install their upgraded ones they built over this past winter. There should be some pretty good deals out there on stock bottom ends and long blocks that could get you up and running fairly cheap and quick.