Marinizing a 454 short block... >

Marinizing a 454 short block...

Notices

Marinizing a 454 short block...

Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Your best bet is to take everything to a machine shop and have them swap your parts and do a refresh. I'm not trying to be an ass but if you are not confident in your ability to rebuild this thing paying somebody is your best option, it will save you time and money and grief down the road
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Make sure you use the 30psi pressure valve on the side of the oil pan and remove the one in the middle. Be sure you are using a oil cooler and block adaptor.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18' Mandella long deck. Scarab 300

Buy a how to Big Block Chevy Manuel, and do it step by step, Picture by picture, all the torque specs. and other info. that you will need should be in there. Good Luck.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Make sure you use the 30psi pressure valve on the side of the oil pan and remove the one in the middle. Be sure you are using a oil cooler and block adaptor.
Ok, it will not let me edit for some reason, it is the "oil filter pad" not the pan
Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Your best bet is to take everything to a machine shop and have them swap your parts and do a refresh. I'm not trying to be an ass but if you are not confident in your ability to rebuild this thing paying somebody is your best option, it will save you time and money and grief down the road
X2