Notices

Adding trim tabs?

Old 05-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Eclipse232
What do you think the problem could be then? Also what would be wrong with using the tabs to level it out?
I agree with what others have said - that tabs are still a pretty good idea for a boat that size and mounted correctly, you will not loose any speed.

As for what's causing the boat to twist coming off a wave, I'm not convinced it's prop torque. Heck, I've got a 27" pitch prop on a much lighter boat and it comes off a wave perfectly straight. More pitch and more rake should twist the heck out of mine.

As for using tabs to even it out, think about that one for a minute. That would mean one tab is down more than the other. When a boat lands, the stern digs in and the effect of the tabs is magnified. That would mean you'd take a pretty good roll to the other side. Not my idea of having fun.

My recommendation would be to add a set of tabs anyway, but do some sniffing around for rigging and balance issues that might be causing the twist.

Last edited by Too Stroked; 05-26-2011 at 05:38 PM.