Notices

InGenius Marine Software

Old 12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 411 Likes on 247 Posts
Default InGenius Marine Software

I am getting ready to go do some dyno tuning on my 540 that i built last summer. It is a MEFI 3 system off of a 2000 454mag. It was tuned by Eddie Young in the boat when installed, but I just installed a ported intake and bigger throttle body and injectors.
I have the InGenius software that I got with a MEFI 4b and whipple charger that I purchased here on OSO. I have never used the software. Will this work ok with the MEFI 3 or should I buy the Mefiburn software? Or should I swap in the MEFI 4 ECU?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have version 2.2 it will not work with the MEFI 3 controller. Install the MEFI4B contoller, make the necessary harness changes... the MEFI4B must be a MSD branded and preloaded ECU along with the HASP to match the ECU serial number.

If you don't have the hasp and the ECU is a generic MEFI4B then buy the MefiBurn product. Generally speaking the standard consumer will pay less in the long run with MefiBurn. however, tuning is more complicated with MefiBurn... though greater controll of ECU features are available.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered

I have version 2.0 The ecu and software/key came from ASM. I do not know if the ecu has been programmed or not. I believe it has never been installed, as it came with the new wiring connectors.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Or should I scrap the whole thing and install the Holley system that Haxby is so happy with and let it self tune? I suspect i could sell my 2 ecu's, wiring harnesses and software and probably come out ahead.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be real honest and let you know from first hand experience the Holley system is much simpler and designed for the average garage hacker (no insult intended).

However, the MEFI system and the version of controller you are using and software does an excellent job. Additionally, to properly tune the MEFI system you must have a Wide-Band O2system to monitor your changes. The Holley has it included.

To compare the 2 is literally comparing 2010 technology to mid-90's technolgy. Both sytems are viable.

In summary, Much depends on your knowledge and your ability.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Let me ask this a different way. Will the ASM Ingenius marine software version 2.0 work with my existing MEFI3 ECU or will it only work with the MEFI4 that it was originally shipped with? Can I use it on different engines or is it "married" to a single controller.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

I believe that each time InGenius software is sold it is keyed to a particular ECM and you must buy a new modified or new key to use it on a different ECM. Check with AZSP&M. They can tell you for sure.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I am getting ready to go do some dyno tuning on my 540 that i built last summer. It is a MEFI 3 system off of a 2000 454mag. It was tuned by Eddie Young in the boat when installed, but I just installed a ported intake and bigger throttle body and injectors.
I have the InGenius software that I got with a MEFI 4b and whipple charger that I purchased here on OSO. I have never used the software. Will this work ok with the MEFI 3 or should I buy the Mefiburn software? Or should I swap in the MEFI 4 ECU?

Thanks in advance

Hey Buddy,
I would be glad to retune it for half price since I already tuned it. I know it's not very convenient to drag it down here, but thought I would throw it out there anyway. Not sure if you want to just try it yourself and tinker. Let me know if I can help. Good luck.
Eddie