Notices

Engine building books

Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr3dman
I have a copy of that same book, available on ebay btw, it is decent but doesn't get into clearances. Just a good look see on the basics of teardown, cleaning, some parts, and assembley guidelines. Worth the read for sure
Yes that is correct and why I did research on this website and had all my bearings set for marine clearances. I got that book at Barnes and noble but I just did a quick Google search to post what book I had.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Here is another great book for you to check out.
http://store.boxwrench.net/Step-by-S...Book_p_45.html
Old 12-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why not take a class at Vo-Tech? That way you are building an engine in their shop and gaining some good knowledge. I took auto mechanics in high school and it has served me well through life. Just look at taking the engine semester if its available at night.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Take the time to find the Dennis Moore Book on big blocks.
It is well written and has DETAILED INFORMATION AND PHOTOGRAPHS of flywheels, harmonic ballances, oil pans in general covers big block chevy motors from top to bottom. I have been a big block fan for years and thought I new a lot about them. But after reading the book realized I new very little. I was so empressed with the book I attained fifteen copies and gave them to all of my boating buddies for christmas. Now I loaned my copy out and forgot who I loaned it to ! Moore also had on on small blocks.