Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects >

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects

Notices

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects

Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you guys find all of your great deals??? I'm always looking and can't seem to find any I guess nobody has any old performance boat in the middle of p.a
Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Gold Member

Default 1986 400 Scarab before the redue

I will get some pictures of the finished product up next
Attached Thumbnails Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-1010.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-1412.jpg  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Where do you guys find all of your great deals??? I'm always looking and can't seem to find any I guess nobody has any old performance boat in the middle of p.a
I wasn't even looking when I found mine, I just happened to be at the shop the day the guy was tired of this one being in the way. I'm in the middle of Wisconsin, who would even think of looking for a boat like these here? hahahaha
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
They are all over! just gotta look!!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lets keep this thread going!!

I finally added some new photos to my photobucket for my project, the last ones I uploaded there was still snow on the ground! Just started the re-do of my trailer this weekend, will be done in a few days.

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/emspjay/
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 1,837 Likes on 718 Posts
Default True Dat.

Originally Posted by Full Force
They are all over! just gotta look!!
I always get myself in trouble by finding my next dream boat when I can least afford it.
Have a friend who is currently shopping for twin O/B vee's (maybe) which are fairly rare birds. I just sent him e-mails w/5 really nice prospects.
If you like doing it yourself, and especially if you like old school, this may be the best time in history to do it. I really like what's happening in the power department too.
Being an O/B guy, the direct injected O/B's are now becoming affordable (old enough) and will be my next re-power project.
On the I/O side, look at the HUGE advancements in the small block arena on the automotive side. I keep thinking a 30' Vee (Velocity, Panther etc) w/a pair of small blocks and Bravo's done right would be killer and near bullet proof. 300lbs + less than BB's and easier access?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My 24 outlaw still in progress

This is my 3rd outlaw. I have rebuilt a 95 24, sold it after 7 years when I purchased my house. 5 yrs later I purchased a 98 25 outlaw. I didn't have to do much to it besides pull engine and cleanup the bilge and rigging. I sold that to renovate my kitchen. Now I have this 97 24 outlaw I purchased in March. It has a 454 with spun bearings - so the motor was out - no test drive. I knew it was a project, but not this much. I have done some fiberglass work on the transom plugging holes, re-coring, some gel work and some structure in the bilge. I have purchased a 454 crate motor with 8 hrs. I'm hoping to get the motor in and running before I need to winterize it. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0392_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0453_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0452_small.jpg  

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0510_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0597_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0605_small.jpg  

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0657_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0662.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0703_small.jpg  

Last edited by FBRONCO; 09-19-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default additional pics

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll be painting the bilge by next week and rigging by the following.
Attached Thumbnails Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0664_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0760_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0761_small.jpg  

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0772_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0773_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0775_small.jpg  

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0380_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0486_small.jpg   Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0538_small.jpg  

Those of us really budget boating, let's see those budget boats and projects-100_0617_small.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FBRONCO
That's it for now. Hopefully I'll be painting the bilge by next week and rigging by the following.
Looks good! Nice layup.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 1,837 Likes on 718 Posts
Default Nicely done1

Originally Posted by FBRONCO
I like the story/history and also the classic lines of the Outlaws. Well done and keep it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.