496 Mag Optimal Water Temp >

496 Mag Optimal Water Temp

Notices

496 Mag Optimal Water Temp

Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blownhammer2000
whats the best way to drain the system, pretty sure mine has never been changed and i know i'm pushing it being an 06, 140 hrs and still has good color but really want to flush it out and refill, also whats the best coolant to get? i've heard good and bad when it comes to certain coolant types.... sorry for the highjack
I just did this on mine. There are two 18 mm drain plugs on the lower block, one on each side. Located just to the rear of the motor mounts they also have a female hex in the head and are just above the oil pan edge. They are not easy to find and get to but once you get the socket on them they come out easy. It's the only way to get most of the coolant out. 19 quarts.

On the port side I had to drop the large seawater hose to the cool fuel unit and on the starboard side I had to drop the air auctuator to get to the plugs.

Last edited by NightHawk; 05-31-2012 at 06:58 AM.