Notices

Mefiscan/mefi1

Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mefiscan/mefi1

Bought the cord and program last week and haven't been able to connect to either computer. Tried it with a windows 7 and got no where, so next I tried XP. That got to the point where it was trying to connect but just gave hundreds of failed connect at different ports settings. So today (to make sure I had a mefi1 and not a mefi2) I pulled them. They are indeed Mefi1 but they must have been tuned by Arizona speed and marine on 8/20/97. Would their calibration prevent me from connecting at all? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.mefiscan.com/sc/details.asp?item=mefiscan1
Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered

When using Scanner Pro, you have to toggle the connection a few times. make the connection and as soon as you see a command failure hit the blue arrow keys once more to break and make the connection again. You may need to do this 5-6 times before a solid "command reply success" down to about the middle of the screen.

If AZM locked the ecm, you will only have a problem trying to overwrite their work. Scanning should be no issue at all. If they did lock it, you can always break in and lose the tune that's there. Draw back, maybe....but you can get another base tune and start over if need be.

I've been messing with Mefiburn, ScannerPro and TunerPro for a couple years now and have got it down pretty good. Bob @ mefiburn is always a big help too.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
When using Scanner Pro, you have to toggle the connection a few times. make the connection and as soon as you see a command failure hit the blue arrow keys once more to break and make the connection again. You may need to do this 5-6 times before a solid "command reply success" down to about the middle of the screen.

If AZM locked the ecm, you will only have a problem trying to overwrite their work. Scanning should be no issue at all. If they did lock it, you can always break in and lose the tune that's there. Draw back, maybe....but you can get another base tune and start over if need be.

I've been messing with Mefiburn, ScannerPro and TunerPro for a couple years now and have got it down pretty good. Bob @ mefiburn is always a big help too.
Thanks, I read that as well and toggled it MANY times. I had the KOEO. Does it have to be running and lastly, can you check history with the scanner pro/mefiscan program?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

The key has to be on but the motor doesn't have to be running. By history, do you mean codes? In ScannerPro, once connected go to the ITEM LISTS tab to view them. Save a quick log and that will capture the data for you to review and study later. I always make a folder on the desktop for my bins and logs so they're easy to find (personal preference.)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

By history I meant read engine hours. I'll try after work again. Thanks

Btw, I haven't been able to get anyone at OBD for a week. Can't leave a message as the box is full.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

Can't remember if Mefi1 logs hours or not. If so...it will be in the item lists.

Send them an email, too.