Notices

96 fever high water temp

Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 fever high water temp

I'm new to boating and need some pointers as where to start trouble shooting for a high water temperature. The light came on when I put it in the water within five minutes so I docked it and shut it down. The water pressure gauge was reading about 10 psi, but there was no water coming out of the exhaust. Any ideas??
Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Registered

With no water coming out of your exhaust...I would say the impellar on your sea-water pump is shot and needs replacing. Also...if the impellar is missing parts you will need to find the missing parts. Backflush from the oil cooler to the sea-water pump and you should find them. Good luck.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

could also be that you sucked up something that made it past your impeller and is blocking flow to your oil cooler (and there for motor also)

i got some wood chips stuck in all the holes of my oil cooler completely blocking flow, once i cleared all those out i was good to go. (impeller was perfect after checking FYI)

i have since installed a strainer to prevent this issue down the road
Old 08-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

Thanks for the help. I found the sea water pump and there wasn't one single vein left on it...so I flushed lines and replaced it. Works great now!