No buzzer/Fuel Pump at Key on? >

No buzzer/Fuel Pump at Key on?

Notices

No buzzer/Fuel Pump at Key on?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No buzzer/Fuel Pump at Key on?

Been working on random spring boat projects, yesterday although I'm still winterized I had BEEP and FP with Key on. Now I don't.

I have 12V at battery, at front of starter, and back of starter after the 50A block. No power at the dash from what I can tell. (gauges barely flicker, but not normal key-on flicker)

I removed the throttles and wiring, and re installed them. Removed an intercom system that involved clipping 3 wires to power it.

I feel like I'm missing something very simple here. I checked, and rechecked the neutral safety switch and wiring also.

Just looking for some brainstorming here, I'll be out there today with my multi-meter trouble shooting.

Thanks for any advice-

500EFI in 28' Nordic
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

Check your safety lanyard. Mine also went bad over the winter. That's how mercury kills the engine buy shutting off the fuel pumps. I had power to everything also.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Registered

Thanks I'll check that (although I did wiggle and remove lanyard)

My electric door is inop too, so I can't get to most of the breakers I would like.

Hot wiring the door this morning is first on my list.

Thanks-
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I actually had one of my wires at the ignition switch come loose over time and the ignition was temperamental. I thought it was something a little more complex but when I reached behind it and wiggled it a little it started working again. I know it's a simple item but it's something to check. I to thought it was a neutral safety switch because of the intermittent lights and buzzer.

May not be what your looking at and prob not with the fact that your hatch does not work but ya never know
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Not sure about the 500efi but on my 496ho i had a similar issue where everything was dead except for all the items powered directly by the battery. There was a primary fuse block attached to the engine wiring harness on top of the block. I had blown the 10a/15a fuse which fed the system.

Maybe worth a shot seeing if the 500efi has something similar...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

checked all fuses, went crazy with the multi meter. Ground problem somewhere.

The purple to the back of the ignition (key) is grounded out somewhere. When I remove the purple lead off the back of the key, that terminal reads 12V. With it connected, it reads all crazy.

Now I've got a needle in a haystack to find it.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Found your problem yet?

"496ho i had a similar issue where everything was dead except for all the items powered directly by the battery. There was a primary fuse block attached to the engine wiring harness on top of the block. I had blown the 10a/15a fuse which fed the system."

Launchpad...where exactly is this fuse at you refer to? Is it back near the IAC/main harness area? If I ever have this problem I would like to know first if I have one, and where to find it in order to check it/them.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered

My boat did this when the batteries got on the low side of charged.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Mine was a ground issue like always, yes found it. My fuses were back by the main harness yes, but it would be different than a 496-
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a buzzer that wouldnt turn off even after running for mins. Looked at fuses quick and ended up getting underneath and snipping the wire, it was the last time out for summer. Just getting boat back out and I was going to investigate further.

454 MAG

to clarify did it when the engine is cold, oil at normal levels. etc.