wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger >

wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger

Notices

wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger

Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger

i am trying to figure out the best way to wire my batteries and charger into my boat. what i have is a pair of group 27s and i am adding a third group 27, i have a guest 3 bank battery charger, i have a perko a/b/off switch and a perko on off switch. i run a decent size stereo setup also. i am wondering if i want to isolate all 3 batteries with perko switches whether i run the pair off of the selector switch and the third one off the on off connected on the output of the selector or do i want to run the pair off of one side of the selector and the single off of the other side and then use either the on off between the pair to isolate them or maybe even a solinoid between them? any input would be helpful. thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I run two perko switches. One on each side. Port side only has one battery and runs one amp but ready to run 4 if needed. Starboard side has two batteries and two amps.

I wish this snow and cold would go away so I could finish my projects.

Last edited by 1BIGJIM; 05-01-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 miles north of Omaha

I couldn't resist. I wonder if this kit is available, I might need it before this week is over!
Attached Thumbnails wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger-431894_451667761584492_380283856_n.jpg   wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger-hell_frozen_over.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

funny stuff randy! i must have accidentally made this a omaha only post LOL. i think i figured out how to wire this all up . i have the boat in a heated garage right now so i can actually work on it with our awesome weather
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by regalman4925
i am trying to figure out the best way to wire my batteries and charger into my boat. what i have is a pair of group 27s and i am adding a third group 27, i have a guest 3 bank battery charger, i have a perko a/b/off switch and a perko on off switch. i run a decent size stereo setup also. i am wondering if i want to isolate all 3 batteries with perko switches whether i run the pair off of the selector switch and the third one off the on off connected on the output of the selector or do i want to run the pair off of one side of the selector and the single off of the other side and then use either the on off between the pair to isolate them or maybe even a solinoid between them? any input would be helpful. thanks
If you have a single engine boat, I would run to in Parallel on one side of perko, and the other on the oposite.

if you had twins, then i would have 2 perkos. and same set up.

unless you have a genny. then you want 3, so you can separate them all. or connect them
Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Josh, it doesn't hurt that it is the same model & color of Harley in my garage. I'm glad it didn't freeze after just firing my brand new engines!! Not sure how big your batteries are, I think I would dedicate 1 for engine only but have at least 1 other available for starting just not sure how to wire it. You will want to have a big alternator to keep them charged. 95amp? Let me know what you come up with. Randy
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For my single engine, I have three batteries and added a second switch, same as the first ( 1, off, 2) Also if I wanted to add a fourth battery I could. Just connect the two "main" lines together. I always heard never keep batteries in parrallel as one will kill another if weaker. I then just hooked up my three bank charger to the back of each number on the switches.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a twin set up with two batteries. I bought a thing, sorry can not remember the name on it, but bascially you hook the third battery to this thing, and then hook it to another battery. The device will run the battery till it gets low and if you are stopped it will shut that battery off automatically so it wont drain the other one or two. Once engine is running it will charge up the battery again. Sorry cant rememember the name on it now. I bought it to hook my stereo to, and think its a great application for things like stereos and things you might run will stopped.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

This is how I would do it (plan to do it if I ever get another battery hold down).
Attached Thumbnails wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger-future_boat_battery_wiring.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

How I currently do it:
Attached Thumbnails wiring setup with 3 batteries and 3 bank charger-current_boat_battery_wiring.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.