Been asked before: mulit-part-er.  Cam, silent choice, risers, reversion >

Been asked before: mulit-part-er. Cam, silent choice, risers, reversion

Notices

Been asked before: mulit-part-er. Cam, silent choice, risers, reversion

Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been asked before: mulit-part-er. Cam, silent choice, risers, reversion

I did a lot of reading of previous posts and I founda lot of good information, but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I have a '94 Gen V 454 330 HP with silent choice. I have the center exhaust riser style manifold with a 90 degree riser. I have to swap heads and was going to change cam and modify exhaust while I was doing it.

I was thinking flat tappet, but the extra work for break in with having to swap springs, and then the possibility that it won't end up working has swayed me away and I'm going to go roller.

My research shows that I should be okay with the 731 cam. So my questions are these, and some of the questions depend upon answers from the others....

A. Is it possible to run any other style of Riser? I can't spend a fortune on exhaust, but what about the 420 exhaust?

B. What type of riser would I run if I found some decent aftermarket manifolds? Indmars even.

C. Should I be okay with that cam if I can't change the riser?
C2. Is there a better cam to run?

D.If I'm not okay, what cam would you suggest?

Thanks!

p.s. I found out I may be referencing the wrong cam. Some of my research showed that this cam was the 731 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-139011

However, it appears this cam is actually the 731
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-168731

I was referring to the top cam. Would the bottom cam be better? I was trying to keep some low end for pulling skiier and such.

Last edited by PowerAddict; 05-14-2013 at 04:02 PM.