Notices

Trim problems

Old 08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim problems

I am both new to a Nordic, and to this forum, but I am looking for some help with the trim motor. I have power to trim down, but nothing on any of the switches to trim up. I thought about a solenoid but I cannot find one. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Solenoid is located on the pump. There are two - one up one down. Jumper across it to figure out if it is bad.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I get nothing from the switch on the controls or the dash. But when I use the trim control on the back of the boat it only clicks. Does this mean the solenoid is bad? My only experience with a solenoid has been with a jeep cj-7 so I need a little help. Sorry, I am sure this is elementary for most of you guys.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

there is a trim limit switch on the gimble. if it is bad or way out of adjustment you will not have up power to the solinoid. if you can find the wires inside at the back of the engine where it plugs in you can unhook it and connect the two together to bypass it.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you positive that your drive is not in 'trailer' height?
I say this due to this statement you made. Do what your saying leads me to believe it is already maxed out.
But when I use the trim control on the back of the boat it only clicks
Forgive me if you already are aware of this, 2 post leads me to believe it could just be an oversight

Your "trim button" will only allow you to trim so high while running.
Your "trailer button" raises your drive higher, for trailering only.
If your drive is in trailer position, your 'trim button' will ONLY allow you to lower the drive, at least to the point past the safe trim position.
Thus have you lowered your drive all the way and then tried to raise it?
If you have, and the problem is not trailer position related, then I would look into the limit switch like already mentioned.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixiecj
Ok. I get nothing from the switch on the controls or the dash. But when I use the trim control on the back of the boat it only clicks. Does this mean the solenoid is bad? My only experience with a solenoid has been with a jeep cj-7 so I need a little help. Sorry, I am sure this is elementary for most of you guys.
If you hit up and it clicks ,but down works ...you need the up solenoid. If you hit up on the dash and get NO click ,you probably have a trim limit switch issue