Notices

383 with 2bl carb

Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

from my pavement experience... 2 bbl to "6" bbl, I at one time had a 66 gto with a 389 tripower (3 two barrels with a mechanical linkage opening the extr 2 carbs ) It was a beast. Anyways, when it rained in southern ca. trying to drive it was a beech. either it would light the back tires or lug and stall trying to leave a traffic light. The easy solution was to open the hood and pop the linkage when it rained so it only ran on the single 2bbl. So from the assdyno point of view, your going to drop a lot more than75 hp going to a 2bbl unless you go with a 2bbl with venturies the size of 5 gallon buckets.

An NA motor works on vacume. It takes X amount of fuel and air to make a certain amount of hp per displacement and compression.

It takes Y amount of hp to plane your cruiser. X and Y are going to find equilibrium whether you have a 2 barrel or a 4 barrel. the difference will be with the 4 bbl you give it partial throttle, with the 2 barrel you stuff it to the dash.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow. People claim the fountain cig or v cat arguements are ruining oso. I believe this is the thread that is the downfall!! Hahaha. 2 barrel carbs should only be mentioned here if they are are going I'm the garbage for a 4!! This thread is hilarious and right ups here with Korean boats and coked out pandas stealing iPads. Hahaha
Old 04-06-2014, 12:10 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueabyss
I am sure there are tons of people out there with a 305 -350 small block and 2 bbl carb that would love to see what power it makes if they slapped it on a 383. SB I might even buy one of your spacers off your web site if you kiss and make up...lol...

Chris
I may be on Red Bull. But your eating too many mushrooms and hallucinating.

I'll take your bet, and raise you.

I have a few Stromberg carbs at work I could give to you for no $$$$. That's cheap. Should be fantastic on gas on 383's.

No f'n reason to to spend $$$ on a bigger engine and put a 2bbl on it.

I make my spacers for performance. Not fuel efficiency.

Again, your money and that's fine....but trying to make it look to others like it's a viable thing to do ? Nope, nah, nada, zilch....

I think the 1bbl on big cubic inches mentioned above may be a good idea.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:12 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Wow. People claim the fountain cig or v cat arguements are ruining oso. I believe this is the thread that is the downfall!! Hahaha. 2 barrel carbs should only be mentioned here if they are are going I'm the garbage for a 4!! This thread is hilarious and right ups here with Korean boats and coked out pandas stealing iPads. Hahaha
4 Split Dominators On A Sheet Metal Tunnel Ram will get me excited talking about 2bbls !

Last edited by SB; 04-06-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
4 Split Dominators On A Sheet Metal Tunnel Ram will get me excited talking about 2bbls !

Yeah. That's sweet. So I was mistaken. Op is gonna put 4 2 barrels on his 383. Ok. I'm back on board. Haha
Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

sb,those 2bbl,s will really help the gas mileage,lol.wonder what would happen if you put some red bull in the tank.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB

i was thinking the same thing..
Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would bet it depended on which red bull was used I heard the 0carb 0 sugar gives more power.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my limited experience I have found that the more cubic inches you have, the easier it is to make torque. You don't have to rev the chit out of a big motor like you would a smaller one to achieve the same speed if they are propped correctly. I get better gas mileage and more power towing my boat with a BBC in my truck than when it had a SBC. Had to run the small block wide open all the time but only have to run part throttle with big block power. If you have a big heavy boat, I would run a mild big block. Still get good mileage and lots of torque with a bigger prop. Or you can rev the chit out of your small block.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

This is the engine I am planning on putting the 2 bbl on. I am going to have them put a smaller cam in it for smoother idle and I really don't need all that power. So its not like I am putting a 10k motor in the boat and slapping on the 2 bbl. This is just a budget build using take off parts from my 305.

http://pmcmachine.com/index.php?main...arine&x=58&y=1

Chris

Last edited by Blueabyss; 04-06-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: ##

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.