Notices

Harness question

Old 08-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness question

I have a Carbed 509 that I will be installing in my 97 Baja 252 this winter. My boat has a carbed 454 now. My new motor besides being carbed also will be using a new DUI distributor. Motor is completely disassembled and being cleaned up and ready to put back together. It currently has no wiring at all. I have a new motor side harness in box and am wondering how to tie the DUI into a fresh harness. I have the carbed wiring diagram and have a good understanding of guages and sensors but taking the thunderbolt ignition and mercathode out of the equation and putting dui in place has me confused. Any expllaination or diagram would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what colors are the wires on the distributor and how many?i have no experience with dui,s.,,,,,,,but I am guessing they wire like most .red wire hot on coil,orange wire negative on coil,black ground.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

assuming your DUI is a std looking large cap HEI get the 2 HEI pigtails from summit, 1 power, 1 tack connect to the factory ignition/tack wires and roll on...