Repower Carb to EFI questions >

Repower Carb to EFI questions

Notices

Repower Carb to EFI questions

Old 04-23-2015, 04:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I would get rid of the VST system if this 502 is that app. If I recall 1996 model year went to cool fuel GEN II. Some of the parts to the VST are NLA as well. You can convert to a Gen II cool fuel system.

If your 502 is stock and you say complete what year and engine serial # is it ? this will determine the set up and parts used plus which ECM you have along with fuel pump(s).

Last edited by BUP; 04-23-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it hard to see these wires are hanging off the back of the engine, they are on the port/ transom side of engine Picture # 3 where do these go or what do they go to?

picture number 1 same here this connector is loose and not sure where it goes either. its located on the starboard/ transom side of the engine. its zip tied to a rubber hose that goes across the back of the engine that is cut on both sides. id love to know where that hose went as well.

picture number 2 here is an additional pair of wires on the starboard/ transom side of the engine, red and black wires that appear to have been clipped. this is the hose mentioned above.

not to sure why they swapped pics around but whatever. I appreciate all the advice on this. I have hooked up harness but am unsure of where this stuff goes 0L352627 its faded but this is the serial number. this isnt the engine that came in my boat. my boat came with a 502 in 96. I bought it engine less and installed a carbed 454. I bought this engine from a guy on here doing a repower on his 38 scarab twin engine and Im pretty sure it was a 2k plus year model.
im goind to drink a beer as this post has taken me over an hour to post sorry if I missed anything. God bless.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those that can follow this thread (and still offer tips) deserve a medal or some type of significant award/reward!!!! :P
Old 04-29-2015, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

what advice can you offer for me to make this thread better then?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,357 Posts

the top picture looks like the drive reservoir connections, that will alarm on low oil leval
Old 04-30-2015, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The first looks like the low drive fluid alarm (to resovoir as already stated). Second look like mercathode to outdrive.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
the top picture looks like the drive reservoir connections, that will alarm on low oil leval
Ya, and the doofus at merc that designed it made it an NO switch. NC would have been fail-safe, but nooooo.